5.0 out of 5 stars NOT Just "Another" Diet!!, June 18, 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever (Hardcover)
Anyone that is writing a review should actually try the diet! This diet is amazing! I have weighed between 120-130 my whole life without exercising and never dieting. I should mention that I am 5'2". I reached menopause and started to gain weight rapidly and started tipping the scale at 151! I tried the Atkins diet and was able to get down to about 145 but weight loss was slow and I reached a plateau. I went 2 months on the strictest phase of the Atkins without any weighloss. I was also walking over 3 miles 4 days a week. I was really scared and couldn't stand to see my round face in the mirror.
I saw the Dr. Oz show and they had the Dukan Diet reviewed on his show and then I saw it on the cover of Woman's World at the grocery store. I figured I had to give it a shot and bought the copy. I prepared everything and didn't cheat at all for the first 3 weeks. Weight loss was rapid and I haven't ever hit a plateau....unless I cheat. I have cheated once for 4 days, and then a few times I was tempted with pizza for dinner.
It has now been 6 weeks and I have lost a total of 22 pounds! The weight just keeps on coming off; it is totally amazing. Soon I will be as thin as when I was in high school. Oh, and I didn't mention that when I started the Dukan Diet, I was NOT walking anymore. I actually quit exercising to put this diet to the real test.
Dr. Dukan said that this diet will work when other diets fail. I didn't believe it, but now I do. It is the Atkins diet on steroids! 22 pounds lighter and from a size 10 to a size 4! I feel great and now know that I am in control of weightloss and can easily do it whenever I want. I have my life and my body back!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2011 8:52:12 AM PDT
VCard says:
Agreed! most of these negative reviews are from people who didn't even READ the book, just "heard" about it. SAD!! This is based on simple math. Your body burns 30 of every 100 calories of protein digesting, 10 of every 100 carbs digesting. The protein only stage is ONLY A COUPLE DAYS! NOT A LIFETIME, so it is completely sustainable.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 6:19:33 AM PDT
The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever
I have just placed my order for this book plus the Dukan cookbook for the recipes. I am going all in on this as I am so desperate to lose weight: my goal is to lose 50 lbs and keep it off! I have numerous health issues but despite that fact, I believe that losing this weight will make me so much healthier so its definitely worth the effort. I will report back with my own original post within 2 to 3 weeks after starting this diet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:18:57 AM PST