Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good solution for portable gaming., November 30, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System (Xbox 360/ PS3 Not included) (Video Game)
Pros
Console area has good (not great) secure protection.
Comes with all the cables needed for newer consoles
The screen is bright.
Two headphone outputs
Loud Speakers
locking latches
brightness control
PS3 controllers fit in the case.
thick nonslip rubber on bottom surfaces

Cons
plastic shell isn't tough enough for shipping/cargo holds
plastic bends and warps while holding it by the handle exposing interior.
not waterproof.
plastic shell needs a luggage strap for a more secure hold.
lock latches are plastic
LCD has very poor viewing angles
LCD is too sharp, this cannot be adjusted in the menu
xbox 360 controllers will not fit in the case.
Glossy screen finish

Notes
Never make the mistake of placing this unit upside with a console in it.
The screen will be fine but you could damage your consoles disc drive. =(

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 6, 2011 7:55:02 PM PST
Is there some known issue with the PS3 or Xbox being placed in an inverted position while turned off? It would be quite easy to do that given that it's not completely obvious which side is "Up" on the carrying case.

The instructions do recommend removing any disc from the drive prior to transporting the unit, but that's relatively common knowledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2011 1:33:35 AM PST
CMayhem says:
Its very obvious which side is up. The rubber feet are only on one side. So it was completely my fault for not storing it properly in the overhead bin, and yes I did leave a disk in the drive. :-P

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 2:03:03 AM PST
joshcuellar says:
Actually there are 2 sides the xbox can sit on, there are the "rubber feet" on the side with no vent (bottom when laying flat) and on the side opposite to where the Hard drive goes. I think the problem is that you shouldnt put a disc in the drive while traveling, however I also think your xbox may have just broken down from some random problem (as many xbox's do these days like my brothers which was new out of the box and it had RROD even though it was a slim wtf? i know.) Because i have traveled with discs in my xbox drive many times before in many different positions but not a problem, later on that xbox died, (but not from a disc drive error, she got RROD, poor bessy)

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 1:11:24 AM PST
I was able to fit both controllers, a charging cable for at least one controller, power adapter for the unit and the xbox 360 charger. I will admit the HDMI cable provided isn't very good but that was easily fixed by using a different, more flexible cable. I have never had issues with the game disk in the drive and I do set the unit upright when not in use. The best option when you are finished using it is to let the unit stop running before putting it away. There is no rubber seal to protect it from water, but it does stay closed enough when not out in a heavy rain.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 9:17:00 AM PST
Can the system run on a battery source so you dont need to be next to an outlet?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 5:49:03 PM PST
CMayhem says:
It's not made to run off battery power but you can always rig any system to do so. This is more for gamers who need a complete, fast solution for tournaments, conventions, and/or sleepovers. If you are traveling to a place where you will have access to a TV/Monitor then I would not recommend this setup.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 7:56:10 AM PST
Joshua C says:
Ha! My name is Josh Cuellar too! *Internet fist-bump*.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:20:01 AM PDT
GAEMS VP says:
CMayhem,

First off, thank you for the purchase and the honest feedback. It took me too long to get back to this review, so I apologize if this is not relevant now.

Your Cons
- plastic shell isn't tough enough for shipping/cargo holds - this is an odd statement since we make our PGEs with a proprietary metal-molecule infused polypropylene, and I have over 100,000 miles traveling with one of these cases both in carry-on and checked. The G155 is scratched from abuse (not use - abuse) and there is no damage to either the monitor or Xbox 360. Please elaborate on your experience to help me understand. We want to build the best products that we can for the money customers are willing to spend and this is important to us.
- plastic bends and warps while holding it by the handle exposing interior - this is an issue. Either a not closed properly issue or a GAEMS tolerance issue on your case. Please send us pictures and we will certainly replace the product if you indeed have a faulty product. We provide a level of tolerance for "shift" with the hinge because it actually helps buffer impact in case of drops but this sometimes means a user gets a storage pouch pinched in the case forcing the G155 to be out of tolerance when closed. Either way, please send us pics.
- not waterproof - Nope. Water resistant yes.
- plastic shell needs a luggage strap for a more secure hold. - we agree. We prefer to carry in a messenger style bag, thus the reason we are building the "Battle Bag" to carry the PGE, games and headphones
- lock latches are plastic - they are patented double-lock latches and they are more than strong enough and we wanted to reduce weight versus the aluminum we showed at E3 2010
- LCD has very poor viewing angles - this is a AAA grade monitor, but we are competitive gamers so chose to build with a Competitive Viewing Angle (CVA) to prevent "monitor peeping" in a LAN/WAN network environment. We understand this comes at a cost, but I address this in another thread about how we used THX and other standards to determine the best experience.
- LCD is too sharp, this cannot be adjusted in the menu - combinations of settings with games, consoles and the monitor itself can be difficult to solve via email and forums.
- xbox 360 controllers will not fit in the case - this is very odd. I carry 2 in my case along with the brick, G155 power source and the HDMI cable.
- Glossy screen finish - this comes down to preference of use. Matte finishes mean you can use them in brighter light settings, but colors get washed and you miss the pop in other games. But there are times we feel this pain with you and by choice we selected better color and the glossy screen versus the matte finish for the G155 product after thousands of users provided us feedback at E3 2010, PAX Prime and focus group settings before we launched the G155 11 months ago.

Please feel free to contact me through our Customer Service center if you have further questions comments or concerns, because we would like to know how to build a better product for the money and every customer's opinion matters.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 3:10:03 PM PDT
Luiz G. Fh says:
i wish i had seen this before EVO2k12, so i could bring one more ps3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 12:35:27 AM PST
Friggin awesome to have a co-founder replying to reviews. Just sold me on the case. THIS is what gamers want to see; actual interaction from the people in the know. Kudos!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›