92 of 93 people found the following review helpful
Just remind yourself its 1/5 the price,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Li-ion Battery for Apple A1185 Macbook 13" Series Ma254b/a Mb062x/a (Personal Computers)
Ok, yeah, so I think the other reviews have gone through most of the pros and cons, but I'll add my own commentary for this battery. I purchased it for my son's 2006 Macbook (white). He's 5 so not exactly a power user.
1. You can buy 4-5 of them for the price of an actual Apple battery of the same type.
2. Battery Life seems to last as long as previously, around 3-4 hours of relatively heavy use (he likes Photobooth and uses the camera a lot)
3. Lights on the battery work correctly, interacts with OSX correctly to show amount of battery power remaining.
1. Never seems to charge greater than 95%. Ok by me, the extra 10 minutes of time saved is outweighed by the lower cost.
2. Its not exactly the same color white. Its on the bottom of the laptop, who cares
3. Doesn't fit exactly. Again, its on the bottom, it doesn't fall out when it shouldn't, so who cares.
The pros outweigh the cons for my application. Considering the price point, you really do get what you pay for here and its a perfectly fine working battery with some nits.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2013 7:05:07 PM PDT
Brian MacShara says:
5600mAh was advertised but can only accomplish 4530 and only designed to charge to 5200 mAh. On the other hand, who cares I get about 3-1/2 Hrs. charge and like was said earlier it costs 1/5 of the Apple OEM battery and has the same or better review rating. Buy it! Then download a program called coconut to gage it's charge characteristics.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›