5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars for the series--and info on the price, October 10, 2007
This review is from: Big Valley - Season 2, Volume 1 (DVD)
"Big Valley" reruns were my childhood favorite, and after buying this set and season one, I can say the show lives up to my memories. It would be a shame if Fox stopped releasing the DVDs--which brings me to the info:

After searching for a way to complain about the price-gouging on season two, I finally contacted a site that monitors DVD releases. They said sales of season one were poor and that Fox raised the price to recoup their losses. But since this half-set isn't selling well either, they probably won't release the rest.

Maybe if all the people who bought season one decide to buy this set they'll release more. Maybe not. Personally, I think Fox bungled the whole thing. When it comes to short-run series (Big Valley only ran four seasons), it makes more sense to release the complete series (with extras) at a premium price. Most fans would pay more up front to get the whole series and not have to worry about studios dropping the project. As it is, Fox has done nothing but shortchange consumers and undermine its own profits.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2010 6:45:29 AM PST
Fox should release the entire Big Valley Series as one set. I bought Season 1, but
have not bought Season 2, because I am waiting for the full season. I do not
want half of a season. I would purchase the entire series, even though I have
already purchased season 1
SGM, St. Paul, Minnesota

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 5:02:24 AM PST
FCB71 says:
I agree, I would have paid a premium for the entire boxed season, knowing that the higher price covered the fact that it wouldn't have been a big-selling item for the studio. I purchased Season 1 and was eagerly awaiting the other seasons only to keep waiting and waiting...

I like what Warner Bros is doing -- offering unavailable DVDs on their site. Of course they're not "re-mastered" blah blah... but what are my other options? Dragging out the old VCR from the attic and purchasing used VHS tapes on ebay? Pff, I'd rather spend $15-25 at WB for their DVD-R version. It's better than nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 7:00:19 PM PST
I agree totally with you fcb71. I would purchase the whole serious if it was released too.it was a great serious indeed.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 6:20:55 AM PST
Heathgirl says:
I couldn't agree more.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 2:29:37 PM PST
Joel Odell says:
I agree here too! I hope the people that matter look at things like this and release the whole Big valley series.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 3:52:04 PM PDT
I agree with the previous people who commented, in terms of releasing the entire series on one DVD. I currently have Season one and two, and am anxiously anticipating Season 3. However, it seem to be the prevailing opinion, that Fox may not release more episodes. I guess I didn't realize that Season two was only a half of season, so now I am really disappointed. Release the entire 4yrs Fox and I will invest, even though I have already purchased Seasons 1 and half of Season two.

Posted on May 7, 2012 12:14:12 AM PDT
Daisy1 says:
I agree with the rest of you. It's not like I'm dripping in money, but I wouldn't mind paying for the entire series. Can you really place a value on memories like these?? There is so much garbage on TV these days, it would be worth it to have some serious quality to watch instead. I hope that Fox reconsiders.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:26:54 AM PDT
lovemytv says:
I agree. I emailed two people in customer service asking them to release the entire series with extras that are available. This is a timeless TV series and should be released in its entirety. FOX (like many studios) is creating consumer mistrust when they only release a portion of a TV series to DVD. Ultimately, they hurt themselves and the paying public in the process. Surely these studios make enough money from other content sales so that they can release a TV series in full.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2013 9:34:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2013 9:40:09 PM PDT
Karen Walker says:
Very well stated!!! I completely agree with you Daisy1. Sadly, I DIDN'T grow up watching the show but have been enjoying it immensely in recent months. I was going to order the entire series today but am now deeply crushed that all are not available to purchase. FOX or someone....PLEASE reconsider. I'll pay a higher cost to have the entire series. :) The greatest thing is that my 16-year old son is watching them with me on TV and he is loving them too. This mom is very happy about that, especially considering the other choices on TV these days!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (170 customer reviews)

$19.98 $14.99