5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product that works as advertised, June 4, 2013
This review is from: Spy Pen Camera & Tiny DVR (Camera)
Since receiving this product five days ago, I've put the pen thru its paces and with the exception of one issue (see below), everything works as advertised.

PROs:
- This is a very nice feeling pen
- It's a little bigger (as in thickness) than the pens I'm normally used to but not to the point of feeling awkward in the hand.
- The picture quality is good considering the size of the pen and believe is great considering the cost and size of the pen
- The video is a little hazier than I would have liked but still considering everything is very good
- The audio was clear and didn't have any problems understanding conversations

CONs:
- My biggest complaint is the instructions on how to set the time and date (#7) were very confusing and I haven't been able to get it changed so far. This is the ONLY reason I didn't give the pen a rating of 5. If I'm able to figure this issue out and actually be able to make the changes I will post an update and would have no problem changing my rating to a 5.
- This is a little nit picky but the grammar isn't the best and could be improved. Not a show stopper to purchasing the pen by any means but it made reading some of the instructions a little choppy.
- Not a Con per se, but make sure that whatever is behind the pen is not shiny or reflective as the light when it blinks can be seen, especially in dim or dark conditions

One note of caution, be aware of what the laws are where you are when you choose to use the pen when not everyone knows they're being videotaped/recorded. In some locations, it's legal to record an event when only one of the parties present knows while other locations (States), require ALL parties to be told that they're being videotaped/recorded.

Overall... I really like this product and would recommend anyone looking for something like this. If I can change the time and date this pen would be home run. Until I can figure out how to do that, it's a triple.

============================

UPDATE: June 5, 2013
After failing to figure out how to set the time and date I finally sent an email to Adfilic asking for some help. They were awesome in responding to my question. I believe that any response in less than 24 hours is great... well, I got mine in less than 2 hours. Customer Service, not to mention the answer to my question, has changed my review from a 4 to a 5!!!

I've cut and pasted the response I got regarding how to change the time and date. I'm sure most other people were able to figure it out by themselves but for those that are instruction-challenged like me, here you are:

"To change the time and date, you first have to connect the USB cable to both the pen and computer. Once you've done that a USB hard drive will appear in your computer. In the hard drive you will find a text file labeled as time. Open it and type in the year, month, day, time then click save under the file tab. Close it and unplug the USB cable and the date and time should be changed."

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2013 12:00:44 PM PDT
AdFilic says:
Hi Karl Keller,

We appreciate the review you have written and we apologize for the unclear instructions.

To address your complaint regarding the instructions on how to set the time and date. You first have to connect the USB cable to both the pen and computer. Once you've connected both, a USB hard drive will appear in your computer. In the USB hard drive you will find a text file labeled as Time. Open it and then you will be able to change and type in the year, month, day, and time. Then click save under the file tab. Close it and unplug the USB cable and the date and time should be changed.

‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.1 out of 5 stars (103 customer reviews)

$89.99 $34.99