Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm Insatx 210 with 5 Twin Pack of Instax Film, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Fujifilm INSTAX 210 Instant Photo Camera Kit with 5 Twin Pack of INSTAX Film (Camera)
After a year and a half of missing Polaroid film, I decided to look for an alternative. I knew the Impossible Project had created film, but it's about $23.00 for eight shots. They're incredibly vivid and look amazing, but my budget couldn't handle the high cost. I was very close to purchasing the Fujifilm Instax 7s, but I was unsure of the small, credit card size of the pictures. After doing a little bit more research, I found that there was the Fujifilm Instax 200 and 210.

Appearance: Yes, it's huge. After spending days looking through size comparisons, I figured it wouldn't be too big. When I received it, I thought the packaging was ridiculously big, but I then realized upon opening the box that I was met with something larger than my face. The plastic is also very flimsy. Looking through the camera, I noticed that one drop could be fatal, so I keep it in a camera bag. I was hoping that I could possibly fit my small point and shoot with it too, but it's impossible. Also, be very careful with removing the plate for changing batteries. I almost broke the little hook that snaps it in place.

Features: The ability to turn flash off or on made it for me. The lens that comes with it for portraits is also a great feature. I decided to take a picture with and without the lens, and it's definitely noticeable. However, I tried doing a double exposure, and I found it to be impossible. If I find a way to do so, I will definitely update. I generally leave the settings on normal with 3m~infinity, and it takes great pictures.

Sound: You know the sound of a Polaroid once you take the picture? It's loud and impossible to bring to small gatherings or quiet venues. I was surprised that once I took the picture, I heard a very low motor noise and nothing else.

Pictures: They really are beautiful. I've mostly used them indoors, and I'm very impressed with the quality. I'm really loving the wide screen photographs as well. As usual, I spend the first ten photographs just to learn how the settings work. I would recommend this product more for outdoor shots, whether a little overcast or sunny. There's something about the way the pictures are that makes them seem almost surreal. I say this because whenever I take a picture indoors and I have to use flash, the images turn out flat.

Price: The camera on its own is roughly $65.00. It's a bit steep considering early models of point and shoot digital cameras are the same price. But if you're purchasing this camera, you're doing it because you miss or want to learn about instant film. There's something magical about a picture being produced before your eyes. It's something tangible, one of a kind, and you almost feel like you're able to grasp moments of your own life. It's sentimental yet functional. I was very surprised by the price of the film. If you buy ten pack, you will spend about $85.00. Each shot is roughly $0.85, a steal considering you're getting a large photograph. I remember paying $25.00 for a double pack for 600 film. It still isn't cheap, but it's a major difference.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

After a very happy year with my camera, it died from water damage. I purchased another one for a friend, and his died from dropping. So beware, these are very fragile. While I wish they would make a sturdier camera, it would increase the price, and I like the price point it's at right now. I am definitely going to buy another one (I have at least fifteen packs left).

I LOVE the macro lens it comes with as well. The flash can be a little too much, so I just use a couple pieces of tape to diffuse the light.

While I do love this camera and film, I did purchase some Impossible Project film for my SX-70 and 680. The film (from 2011 - mid 2012) is really tricky sometimes. However, the quality is a lot different than the Instax film. In some ways better, because pictures come out so dreamy. In some ways worse, because I have gone through a lot of film with horrible results. It all depends on what you have the patience (and money) for. I love this camera and film and will continue to use it in the future.

[Add comment]