4 of 6 people found the following review helpful
(edit) [Retracted a star]Shines all in all, but has it's flaws.. (Quick review),
This review is from: Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PS3 (Video Game)
Played a little more last night and noticed a few crucial things in MP. Almost every gun is considerably weak compared to any gun in the assault class. Everyone just runs around with the assault class because it's the only weapons that can actually kill someone with half a clip. I want to play the other classes but it's near impossible. The pistol selection is crappy, assault gets 1 pistol for awhile, the sniper class gets the G18 (auto-glock) and it kills people faster and easier than most automatic rifles and SMGs. There's a huge unbalance in weaponry which is ruining the game for me, which is why I subtracted 1 star from the rating.
Single player (didn't beat it, just played a small portion of it): Fun, engaging, decent story, etc. But as other reviews state, and multiple gaming online sites, it's only about 4-5 hours long. Similar to the first Medal of Honor.
My review is mostly about the Multi-player aspect of the game; which Danger Close did a great job on. Let me start off with a pro's/con's list just so you get a general idea then end it with a brief explanation.
+ Awesome HUD system; love the on-screen MAP
+ Great respawn system, they hit this right on the mark in my opinion.
+ Quick, easy game play. Really reminds me of SOCOM style mixed with a bit of Call of Duty.
+ There is 8(?) different soldier classes to chose from, with all types of different abilities, weapons, and customization.
+ You unlock different Countries, and the stats differ from which country you chose.
+ Smooth game play, hardly any lag latency issues, which is rare on console game play.
+ Plenty of things to do, unlocking different weapons, playing around in the menus, etc.
+ Map design is great!
+ Each class has it's own kill streaks and special abilities. Great addition and is quite fun.
+ Plenty of different game types you can do, something for everyone.
+ Surround sound is awesome in this game, constant explosions, things great really loud. Playing through TV speakers does not do justice for this game. Everything sound cheap and bad when going through regular 10W TV speakers.
- The tomahawk (melee system) can be a little wonky.
- The game play is quite fast, a little too fast in my opinion. I suggest starting in TDM then go from there.
- The graphics are just plain bad, it honestly looks like Counter Strike Source. I am not playing on this. But I guess they did this so the game would run smooth.
- Everything is a little confusing at first, there is so much to customize and chose from it leaves you just playing with the assault class.
- You can literally throw a grenade across the map. Not that the maps are small, you're just the Hulk of throwing grenades. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion.
- Some guns are just too weak, I can kill someone quite fast with a M4a1, but when it comes to a spec ops weapons - it can take the entire clip. They need to fix this.
- Sniping is sub-par. It's wonky, feels weird, and takes some getting use to. But the snipers don't have any 'umph' to them. When you shoot a sniper, you should feel like you are shooting a really powerful gun. In this case, you really don't feel much.
Why I gave it 4 stars: This game is great, but it honestly feels dated due to a variety of things, especially graphics. If this game came out in 2004, it would be the COD4 of the gaming FPS world. But there is so many different choices these days with FPS genre, it's unreal. It honestly just blends in to the gaming choices. I am a huge BF3 fan due to the vehicles you can drive, realistic game play, and all out 'total war' experience. But I play that on PC, where it should be played. Warfighter is a great game just to pick up and play. It plays smooth, it has a few great adaptations Danger Close picked up on and changed to their liking, and is relatively easy. This game really shines in all of the customizing you can do; it really gives you the choice for anything. One of the biggest reasons why this game won't do so well in sales; is because once Black Ops 2, Halo 4, and Aftermath for BF3 release, this game will simply just fade away in the gaming community.
Thanks for reading!