5.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL KNOCKOUT!, October 12, 2010
This review is from: Cook This, Not That! Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals (Paperback)
I am shocked at how engrossed I am with this book. I want to cook every single recipe! The biggest surprise--aside from learning how many calories I could save by cooking for myself--was how motivating the recipes are. Beautiful pictures and simplified cooking tips turn complex dishes into super-easy recipes. Many of the recipes even come with variations in case you can't find a certain ingredient or just want more variety. Here are my four favorites so far:

*Red Pepper Alfredo - AMAZING dish, and I saved 830 calories and $10 over the same meal at Olive Garden.

*Loaded Calzone - Far easier than I ever imagined, and I saved 1,025 (!) calories and $4.50 over Pizza Hut's Meaty P'Zone Pizza

*French Toast Stuffed with Strawberries -Whole-wheat toast stuffed with ricotta cheese, strawberries, honey, and almonds. Yum. I will definitely be making this again! And I saved 810 calories and $11.40 over IHOP's version.

*Curry with Cauliflower & Butternut Squash - I had no idea I was capable of making curry. Or that I could save 717 calories and $8.50 in the process.

My kitchen skills are improving, I'm motivated to cook, and I already feel healthier. And if I don't feel like cooking one night, I'll just dive into the chapter dedicated to 10-minute meals. That should be easy enough. Though, to be honest, nothing I've cooked so far has taken me much more than 20.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2010 3:31:13 PM PDT
reuber1 says:
While I like the previous Cook This book, and I'm sure this one is probably great too, this review screams marketing department to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 5:13:05 PM PDT
A. Bender says:
Well that was rude.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 11:12:27 AM PDT
Ash Camalani says:
i'm curious to try the french toast:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2010 11:07:11 AM PDT
reuber1 says:
I find marketing departments that use Amazon reviews under the guise of objective consumers is far more rude and frankly insulting. Seriously, read the thing, it looks like marketing speak...I've never seen much hyperbole on any product on Amazon that wasn't written by the company's marketing department. Every single thing written is positive without any criticism, even in the slightest...that's a red flag. It isn't like this is a new development.

Given that I haven't been disputed by the author any time shortly after my post, I'm willing to say my claim is a safe bet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2010 11:37:04 PM PST
Mrs. Real says:
I think you might be right! It is extremely specific....Many red flags in this review. But there is also reasonable doubt that it might be a genuine review. Who knows....

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 12:39:17 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2011 3:45:52 PM PDT
P. Giblin says:
Really!? Maybe she/he honestly likes the book like I do.

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 10:25:36 AM PDT
M J Hooper says:
Cook This Not That....I looked at the book at Walmart. Looks fabulous and also saw him on the Today show. My family is not into eating whole grain and wonderful food such as this. Is there a noticable difference in the taste of the completed recipe?

Posted on Jun 27, 2011 10:31:46 AM PDT
M J Hooper says:
For those who do not care for the taste or texture in whole grain foods, will these recipes be offensive for them? I am big on whole grain while my family is not. Saw the book at Walmart. It looks fab. Also saw him on the Today show and everyone there thought the food was EXCELLENT.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2013 11:10:40 PM PDT
The way dietary science is headed these days, it's not just going whole grain but much LESS grain. A whole family's dietary preferences can be changed with new, well-informed habits. It just takes time and the ongoing motivation to be healthier.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (242 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $0.01