1.0 out of 5 stars What happened!?!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Nevermore: The Final Maximum Ride Adventure (Book 8) (Hardcover)
Okay. Now, I just want to say that I have waited for this book, and I am a teenager, for nearly a year now.
I went to the bookstore today and asked for the book, waiting for three hours until they received a shipment, and then fangirled out when I bought it. Like I was half-crying and fanning my face.
On my walk home I started reading it and as soon as I hit the first chapter I knew something was up.

Now, in past books, I know that Angel can communicate with others from far away with her mind.
Did she suddenly stop now? Did she never even consider her probably greatest power?
And then it never occurred to Max that Angel might be back at the School, where they'd been captured countless times.
Come on.

And then, Fang's Gang? What?!
More like Fang, some traitors, and two guys who'll leave the plot and you'll just assume turn out fine.
Y'know, cause that's how James Patterson rolls.
Kate and Star were traitors, and what the heck happened to Ratchet and Starfish? Does it automatically make it 100% okay if they're cast out of the plot like idiots?
That was a massive gaping plot hole right there.

Next, when Ari came back, I literally said, out loud, "OH DEAR JESUS NOT AGAIN."
He died in the first book.
Then James Patterson was like, "Psyche! Haha, he's not dead yet!"
He came back to life again in the third book.
Died again. WAS BURIED.
Now is another clone.
Killed Maya. WHAT THE-
Maya, I thought, was actually a nice little tertiary character! I thought she was actually going to end up with Dylan! And then I'd be happy!
But nooo.
And then, when he dies again, it was like you couldn't trust him to not come back.

And speaking of coming back, when Fang did, back to the flock, instead of questioning him responsibly like she should, Max will throw A PARTY.
A party. So your long lost love comes back presumably from the dead, and then you make a cake and assume that it's a band-aid.
Oh, abandoned me and your practical family? Here, have some cake. It'll make it all better.
Please.
Then, the Erasers and Ari come back and it's all a crapfest and a massive fight, Fang nearly dies, and then Ari dies and so do the rest of the Erasers.
Boom. There's another plot hole missing right there.

And then we find out that Fang's DNA holds the key to immortality? How would almost fifteen years of being experimented on in the School not reveal that? It's like going to the doctor's in the next, uhm, I don't know, month, and they say this:
"Oh, you just have the key to Immortality, yeah it's normal."
._.

And since this is ridiculously long, I'll just say my feelings on the ending.
Now, Max talks to Fang and then Dylan goes insane and smashes cars because he looooooves her, yeah, no.
IT WAS FAX IT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE FAX IT NEVER WAS ANYTHING BUT FAX. Get that through your head, James.
So then when Max and Fang got back together I was saying: "Awh, yay."
Because if she would have ended up with Dylan I would have thrown the book across the room.

So then, when I thought they were gonna go save the States from the 99% group,
THE SKY EXPLODES!?! WHAT!?!
Who the heck told James Patterson that that was an acceptable ending? Riddle me that.
AND THE WORST THING WAS THAT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MAIN AGRESSOR OF THE BOOK, THE 99% GROUP!
Then there's the tsunami, and then there was the chapter when Max said that she died with Fang, and she was happy that it ended that way.
I was torn between crying, screaming, sobbing, and punches various items near me like a lamp while reading that chapter.
Then Dylan comes in and saves everyone, and I was like,
"TELL US THE TRUTH. DID YOU DIE OR NOT?"

Then it said that she developed gills, and I was happy at least if she didn't die.

And then it ends with her saying that it's, quote, "The Time Of Maximum Ride."?!?!
Oh no, I'm sorry, the last seven books weren't?! Are you KIDDING?!
The last 7 books were the time of Maximum Ride! Who are you kidding! No one!
The world has ended, and now you're saying that it's your time?!
Ugh, I JUST CAN'T EVEN.

I honestly wish that I could give this book less than a star, because I've spent the last five hours watching my entire childhood, tweenhood, and teenhood go up in fire.

I know you'll buy it and read it, but then you'll end up writing a review like me. Believe it.

Sorry I had to write that, but it's true.
~Sagittaria~

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2012 1:46:30 PM PDT
I literally just finished the book and I have the exact same feeling as you. You basically just summarized my entire feelings about this book. It honestly made absolutely no sense. It kinda seemed like Patterson was just pulling out random ideas. I was throughly dissapointed with the ending but I at least like the beginning a bit. The beginning and kinda the middle had the same Maximum Ride vibe that all the past books had, but still Patterson could've ended it a lot better. He should honestly make a sequel to this book that is the final book of this series and have a MUCH better ending than this one.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 9:15:07 PM PST
V.K. says:
Totally what I was thinking! Exactly!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2013 4:02:03 PM PDT
ryano says:
literally finished 2 min ago came downstairs bawling to my mom im 13 and a dude i loved that serise but im sad that everyone died

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 8:05:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 17, 2013 8:05:44 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (823 customer reviews)

$17.99