Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

2.0 out of 5 stars BIG change last year in sizing, January 9, 2012
This review is from: ExOfficio Women's Give-N-Go Full Cut Brief (Sports Apparel)
I have bought and used these for years -- full brief only-- and loved them. the size large always fit me excellently. Last year i ordered a bunch (at $18/each about 10 of them, not a small investment). Both the cut and the size have changed drastically, mostly by use of much less fabric top to bottom. The "full" brief now fits more like a bikini and is difficult to pull up to my waist. I still have some of the previous ones, so this is not me gaining weight and blaming the vendor! I have wasted a lot of money and underwear is not usually returnable, so i didn't try -- i just have a bunch of briefs i wear only when i don't have any of the prior design clean.

I will try to buy an extra large but if that has issues, i will reluctantly look for another brand and abandon one i have used loyally for a very long time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 12, 2012 8:45:17 AM PDT
MtnLvr says:
I had a similar experience. Bought 2 large and very tight overall and at the leg holes. Not so in the past. I am not overweight and have actually lost a few pounds. So what's up, Ex?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:43:53 PM PST
tawc1 says:
Do you mind saying what size you usually take, e.g. 5,6,7 and in which brands?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 28, 2013 5:31:07 PM PDT
samij5 says:
no idea, i have worn Ex Officio large regular briefs for 10 years. I would guess a 7 -- I am overweight but not obese. I usually wear an 18 or 18 W in pants.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2013 3:04:04 AM PDT
tawc1 says:
Thank you for your post. What is your opinion on the issue matter of Ex Officio sizes? Do you think they run small? How do they compare size wise with other panties?

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 3:04:00 PM PST
So glad I read this before ordering. I will try another brand. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 11:34:36 AM PDT
Cynthia C. says:
Seriously, what clothes company does not even include a size chart. I know my inches but will not purchase this because sizes vary drastically from one company to the next. They need a wake up call.

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:18:15 AM PDT
Elkins says:
Try the men's. FAR better quality elastic, stronger stitching...just superior quality overall. And the sizing hasn't changed in years. Yes, you do have to put up with the weenie pocket in front, but then, you don't really value these for their sexiness rating anyway, right?

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 10:36:01 AM PDT
Thank you for helping me, and others, from making the same mistake. I have ordered size large in underpants before, and they were small enough to fit a toddler. I can't remember the company, but sizes seem to be getting smaller.

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 11:27:45 AM PST
Bratb4 says:
Just an FYI, I was looking for a good travel brief and don't like the fit (more like a bikini fit) or quality of these at all. I have now ordered fromTilley and their briefs are excellent (although not cheap)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2016 3:01:39 PM PST
Thanks for the information. I would rather pay more, and get something satisfactory, rather than wasting my money on things that are not what I expected. I know that you feel the same way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›