5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent seller, August 4, 2007
I have a total of 14 cats that I feed, care for, give shelter to, and love. I rescued them all from death, abuse, and/or neglect. And I do all this out of my own pocket. Because the veternarian hospital from which my very gifted/special Vet works out of refuses to give me a break on the price, I have been forced to look to other sources for my cats' medications. It saddens my heart that this world is so focused on the all-mighty buck and that greed stands in the way of kindness and human decency.

I am so grateful to discountpetsupplies for not only saving me $100, but also for shipping my Drontal promptly as they promised they would. You can be sure I will be a repeat customer!

THANK YOU!!!!

**** 2012, November: Here it is 5 years after I wrote the first review about this product and yes, I am still using it! I am not able to find anything better, inclusive of herbal treatments. I do warn those of you who haven't used this medication on your cats......Your cats will HATE the taste of Drontal, and they will foam and gag and yes, I have one that vomits. I have learned, through experience, to coat the pills with oil, and to get them as far back in the cats' throats as possible (please make sure your nails are cut short so you don't harm your cat's throat!). The one who vomits, I have to cut one pill up into quarters and give her 1/4 pill every 4 hours in one day, with a Homeopathy remedy to settle her stomach.

Even with all I just said, I wouldn't use anything else because this product works. Yes, I wish the taste was better BUT it is the medicine itself that is bitter tasting, and there is no way around trying to improve the taste. So, one learns how to get around that by how one gives this med to a cat. I am still giving this product 5 stars!

Purr Mom

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2011 5:28:04 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 12, 2011 5:29:10 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 5:28:36 PM PST
J. JOHNSON says:
We love and rescue cats too. God Bless you for what you do.

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 9:27:25 PM PDT
MTL says:
I agree; this is a mad, money-hungry world. Thanks for the review.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:27:19 AM PST
My dear Amy "Purr Mom" :o), have you tried greenies pill pockets? FELINE GREENIES PILL POCKETS Treats - Salmon Flavor - 1.6 oz. (45 g) There's one kind for dogs and one kind for cats. I get them at petsmart but I've also put a link to them on Amazon for you. The cat's kind come with 45 of them in just one bag. I think they're about $7 at the store so you can grab them quickly and still get a good price. They're a slightly mushy cat treat shaped like a very tiny cup. You put the pill in and mush the treat to completely cover the pill. If the pill is a little large I use a piece from a second pill pocket and mush it in there as well to cover it totally.
I care for 11 fixed and vaccinated ferals, who are fed daily, de-wormed and de-flea'd (via pills) regularly and have insulated shelters. Some love being petted but not all so I have to do the pills in a way that doesn't require me to handle the cats. Now, a note, some of the cats gobble them up, but a couple sniff it and then walk away! For those I dip the pill pocket in a little tuna water or sardine oil. They rarely chew it much so it goes down almost whole. Give it a try. It's inexpensive and sooooo wonderful. Best wishes to you and your kitties from me and my kitties. :o)
ps - do one cat at a time so you can be absolutely certain who's eating what. I actually have their names on a list and check each one off as they are dosed. Please let me know how it works out.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›