4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, Fast Paced, Somewhat Confusing Running Game With NO In-App Purchases That I Could See, December 21, 2012
This review is from: TheEndApp (App)
Extremely well designed and implemented apocalypse running game. Great graphics, appropriate although repetitive music but good sound effects and use of voice for characters. Realistic and smooth character movement. Provides training for the tilt, jump, slide and turning(swipe left/right) controls. Different scenarios as you attempt to escape from London in the days of the apocalypse which is a disaster area filled with flowing lava, broken roads, fire, overturned trucks and endless debris. You have the choice of freeruns through the city or sets of 5 challenges for each of the 14 days.

Not for the feint of heart. Very fast paced. You do literally have to "Run like Hell" and there's no shortage of challenges in your path. Don't pay attention and with one wrong move you meet a quick death.

Despite this game claiming to have in-app purchases as of the date of this review I did not see any options to do this, ANYWHERE!
The "FREE DT" (DT=duct tape) menu option lets you get free duct tape if you like the developer's Facebook page, link to Twitter or compete with friends on Facebook. And the "The End" button is NOT the exit from the game. It takes you to the game's website.

Problem for me with this game was that I really don't know what's going on. I mean I know I'm supposed to run to escape without dying and collect duct tape everywhere I go. Where I'm going or how to get there, I have no idea. And yet it's fun to play. And since my dexterity(although improving) apparently leaves much to be desired, I meet fast and frequent deaths. With further play I see that duct tape is actually the game currency used to buy new characters, power-ups and other items and that's why you need a lot of it.

Is it a bad game? No, in fact it looks amazing and the controls worked well on my Fire 8.9 HD. Is it a good game? If you have the patience and time to figure it out and the dexterity to play it well, I think many will find it lots of fun. What don't I like? Well, since it turned out that the game doesn't have in-app purchases I can't really complain about that. I do wish though that there was a way to slow down the running pace. Even on Easy you have to "Run like Hell".

Most everything else about the game is pretty impressive. If you've got a tablet and/or like running games you should try this app. Rarely do we get games that look this good from the Appstore.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]