4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted so badly to give it 5 stars..., February 7, 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Having fallen in love with Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster" and "Providence" and becoming obsessed with E.L James' Shades of Grey Trilogy, I went into S.C Stephens with incredible excitement. There is nothing better then wonderfully written characters who are finding themselves and eachother through a series of passionate encounters (whether it be sex or argument). Thoughtless certainly did NOT dissapoint!

Stephens wrote characters both main and supporting that were fun and lovable..passionate and likable. I found myself volleying back and forth between who I wanted our heroine (Kiera) to choose in the all inmportant love triangle between her, Denny, and Kellen. I truelly wanted too befriend each and every band member and bar employee. I loved the way both Denny and Kellen not only showed their love for Kiera but they grew from the experience and became stronger men from the experience....

Here in lies the problem (my inablity to give the fifth star). Kiera! In the other books I mentioned previously the heroines, while self-conscious, were strong capible women. They were able to make hard choices and stand behind them.
I read this entire book in love with each of the main characters..just waiting patiently for Kiera to make her all important decision..to show that she was strong and worth what these two incrediable men saw in her...and she didn't..

Kiera's weakiness as a heroine actually ruined what should have been a beautiful ending. Without giving away which amazing man "won" in the end...I can honestly say...I am not sure she deserved either one of them...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2012 4:25:45 AM PST
Ruth says:
I was the exact same, Keira didn't deserve any of them!!

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 6:41:46 AM PDT
I couldn't agree more. I did love all of the characters in this book - except Kiera. She did not deserve either man. She was too indecisive and - while I loved the story and the book - I did not think that her inability to pick which man she would be with came through the book strong enough.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 7:15:36 PM PDT
I completely agree with you on Kiera. I just finished reading, and I am pissed that in the end, the decision was made for her and she just accepted it and THEN said it was what she had wanted anyway. I felt like she truly loved who she ended up with (however undeserving of him she was), but I wish there were more details after the 3 months were over that led up to him finally trusting her. It felt kind of glossed-over.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 12:03:45 AM PDT
lnp416 says:
I know right? I will say that all of the anger and frustration I felt at the end of Thoughtless was smoothed over in Effortless. Definitely take the chance and the time and read it. I think you'll be happy that you did!

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 3:33:01 PM PST
I have only gotten three quarters of the way through the book and already I am extremely annoyed at how Kiera handles every situation. It annoys me considerably at how she treats both Denny and Kellan, she doesn't deserve their affection or love for that matter. I really honestly hope, in Effortless, she grows up.

Posted on Mar 31, 2013 1:14:50 AM PDT
Amlinn says:
I agree!! Kiera didn't really deserve either one by the end!

Posted on May 26, 2013 6:42:39 PM PDT
ayeley says:
I too am getting very frustrated with Kiera. Enough already. I am half way through the book and keep hoping maybe the next chapter she would grow a backbone. She appears very weak going from one guy to the other. But since this is a trilogy I am committed to finishing the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:26:58 AM PDT
This is good to hear because I've been struggling with whether I want to bother with the next book. As much as I adored both Kellan and Denny in this one (and pretty much everyone but Kiera) my frustration with her really dampened my overall enjoyment of the book. She came across like a clingy, needy adolescent most of the time...I found it hard to understand what either of the men found so captivating about her.

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 5:23:34 PM PDT
dump-queen says:
I 100 % agree with your review. Loved everyone and everything in this book except Keira. Every time I heard I need more time I wanted to put the book down and stop reading the book but I couldn't let Kellan go. LOL Will read the whole series in spite of Keira.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2013 12:29:22 PM PDT
Jgrims says:
If you haven't, you should continue to Effortless and Reckless. It's worth it. I mean, can you resist Kellan Kyle that well?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (1,559 customer reviews)

Out of stock