Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Review, January 16, 2011
This review is from: SPANX In-Power Line Higher Power (Apparel)
Okay, the bottom line here is expectations. Let's face it...if you are overweight you are overweight and no garment is going to take you from a flabby size 16 to a svelte size 4. What this garment will do for you is to smooth out the lumps, bumps and bulges. When I have this on, I do not look thin but I look less lumpy...which is an improvement.
If you think you will put this on and be transformed into a thin fashion diva than you are sure to be disappointed. The only thing that will do that is proper diet and intense exercise (or plastic surgery). What it will do is smooth out your appearence so although you still appear overweight you will be less frumpy. I cannot wear tight fitting clothing with this because when you push the lumps in at one location there are more noticeable bulges in other locations, but I do wear it with sweaters and jeans or looser fitting dresses.
Overall I like this product and it does make feel better in my clothes. I do recommend going with the one you feel is a bit too tight because they will stretch out with wear (just like jeans). This is not a miracle cure to being overweight but a temporary fix for some problems that come along with being overweight.
I did not have problems with rolling but did feel very constricted. This is not something I would want to wear if comfort was important.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2011 10:02:26 AM PST
S. Hambly says:
No one expects to be turned into a size four, and yes diet and exercise is best. And not all size 16"s are flabby. I happen to be 6ft 1 an I wear a size 14-16, and I am atheletic and by no means flabby.. You should be kinder and not assume all women are fat and looking for a quick fix. You sound angry, and you do not even know who you are addressing. Sad really.

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 1:25:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 1, 2011 1:25:51 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 12:08:15 PM PDT
Book Raven says:
When writing a review, you should be calm and not angry and aggressive towards people! What's the point of writing a review when you're attacking people?!
And not all size 16s are flabby!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 3:24:40 PM PDT
feitctaj says:

Posted on May 22, 2011 10:30:54 AM PDT
You are correct. It does tighten the bulges but not very comfortable. It's nice to have in an emergency if you're dress or pants are too tight!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 8:24:12 AM PDT
Shorty says:
Thanks for the honest review, it's more realistic and more information. I think everyone needs to calm down, she just meant that some people will expect a miracle cure for being over weight or larger and think this will make them look tiny and thin. I didn't take her review as being angry or mean. If you're this insecure about your looks it would be best to take some self appreciation classes. Also, she didn't say ALL size 16's are flabby, she said IF you're overweight and you're a flabby size 16.

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 6:14:09 PM PDT
I'm a size 16 and flabby, and am only ordering this product (if I do) to smooth things out. I have to attend my niece's wedding and don't want to be all jiggly. I do agree that if you are my size and expecting to be turned into a size 6, you are delusional. But I don't think that many people are really that naive. I agree this is a rather hostile review. Surprised by all the size 8's and below that feel the need for this product.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 9:53:42 AM PDT
J. Kennel says:
Go Gina! I am (sadly) a size 4 and I'm flabby, so the point is obviously that we all do the best with what we have and improve what we can. I liked the review and appreciated her explanation of what it does/doesn't do. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 2:15:00 PM PST
she said " if you are overweight you are overweight and no garment is going to take you from a flabby size 16 to a svelte size 4..." That is a copy and paste exact quote.
Thanks

Posted on May 13, 2012 1:45:14 PM PDT
Oh good googly goo! Why is this world so offended by silly things? I'm sick to death of it. I'm a size 18 and I'm tall and I'm still flabby. I hate to admit to myself, but it's true! If you're not flabby, good for you and get a back bone, please.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›