4.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise, and it's a Dell! Who knew?, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms (Personal Computers)
I found this monitor while reading reviews for an Acer monitor I was planning to buy on another Egg-type site.
One of the reviewers was kind of panning the Acer and lamenting that he should have gotten another Dell UltraSharp monitor, namely this one.
So I got curious, read the reviews of the U2312HM there, then a better price brought me here to Amazon, where I finally changed my mind from the Acer and got this Dell UltraSharp.

Well, wow. The setup was as simple as I've seen since monitors needed stands and there was literally no tweaking necessary once the monitor was plugged in and the drivers installed. Win 7 'knew' what resolution to set and the display just looks great.

Whites look whiter, colors vibrant without being phony "postcard-y" the brightness (for me) is just perfect. The only hassle has been to try to get my other monitor (a 23" Acer) to look as good as this one does, and I can't duplicate it.

So the downside is, that it might make the other monitors you have (that you liked before) suddenly look worse by comparison.

I've only been running it a few days now so time will tell if it has "legs" but so far it's a very impressive monitor for the price and I do wish I had a second one.

All cords are included, a driver and utility CD are included, and the thing is packaged well enough to fall off of a truck and survive the fall. I like that the buttons are not on the bottom of the frame, where it's so easy to bump them when reaching under the monitor. Instead they are on the lower-right side, where they are accessible yet out of the way, too.

Stand adjusts easily and feels secure; elevation, tilt, and rotation are all easy to adjust.

Other than the way it makes my Acer look bleh, there's nothing I don't like about this Dell UltraSharp. Frankly I didn't think Dell made anything worth a hoot, and am glad to say this monitor is really a winner.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]