5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 12, 2010
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 3790T 4.3-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I was initially upset because I paid for 1 day shipping early enough to "receive" it the following day...however it was not "shipped" until the following day. It arrived after I had left for a weekend trip out of state (Still hoping to qualify for a reimbursement).
Ok my gripe session is out of the way...shipping has no bearing on the quality of the product.

I got to use it for the first time this morning and I am thrilled with it. This is my fourth Nuvi...I upgrade every so often and this was one I could not resist.

One of the features that I noticed right off is that, for example, you are driving down the highway and you slow down to take an exit ramp...it will zoom in as you are slowing allowing you a better view. LOVE THAT.

The free traffic is a bonus and it's accuracy is OK...not great but OK.

The display is phenomenal and definitely a fingerprint magnet, but in no way distracting while being used...mainly when it is turned off will you notice the prints.

One of my favorite features is the additional data you can choose to display on the right hand side of the screen. I have current time, Arrival Time, and Distance showing on mine...it is customizable though and you can choose what you want to display...including Direction of Travel and Elevation.

It is a true Groovy Nuvi in that Garmin makes the best GPS units on the market(My opinion) and this one allows you to have your cake and eat it too. Not to mention the icing is great.

Garmin even has a program you can download for free from your online account called voice studio. If you are tired of the same old computer voices, have your spouse or child record their voice and then upload onto your 3790T...Very tempting, indeed!

If you want a true state of the art, top of the line unit that has all the bells and whistles, you can't go wrong with the Garmin 3790T.
I'm still getting used to all the amenities and am having a blast with it so far (I have an hour and 45 minute commute each way to work)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2010 12:10:16 PM PST
I have spent almost an hours reading comment by MANY models of GARMIN. I am suprised that SO many of you say that is does this wrong, but its ok, or does that wrong, or shuts off unexpectedly, or traffic report says it was bad, but it was not. I notice there are a LOT of different things WRONG with differet models and MOST, not all of you say Oh well, I will keep it anyway. I own a TomTom I bought over 4 years ago, a DINASAUR for sure in size, thickness, weight, etc, BUT it works! I have about an 7 or 8 hour time with a full charge, screen is what they had 4 years ago which is 4.3 inchesm tells me street by street, etc, and MINE does not shut off, stop this, do that wrong or any of that! MINE is just BIG, adn thick like a baseball, BUT works. I am GLAD I read all these GAMIN issues as I know NOW when I buy a NEW TomTom (give this one to Son) I will STAY with TomTom! Thanks guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 2:04:14 PM PST
The OP states it has all the bells and whistles. Well, not quite. Maybe if it had Nu-Link live services for traffic and search and at least a 4.7" screen it would have. That's what I'm holding out for. Until then, the limited bells and whistles on the free Google Maps and Navigation on my Android Phone will suffice
‹ Previous 1 Next ›