Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars One Bad Golf Game!, June 3, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Not only is it buggy, but very frustrating as well. Let's start with the bugs.

At times you caddy will not work. Why? Don't know. On the next shot it will, but every so often, it just doesn't display it's help. Now for some, this may not be a problem. But for me and other people, it is. We play these sports games because we are not able to play nearly as well in real life. So when the caddy feature does not work, I may as well be on the greens myself.

The game freezes. A lot. And we all know how to fix an Xbox freeze, you turn it off and start again. You end up consistently hoping that you can get thru your round before another freeze. And what's worse, if you're using boost pins they will disappear when you restart. The game considers you're freeze as you quitting. Try playing in a live Tournament, you only get to enter once. Also, after a freeze, you end up getting a DNF. Get too many DNFs and some tourneys may not let you play.

The flagstick disappears when trying to line up a shot on to the green. How am I to know where the hole is when trying to line up a shot? Just wing it? Hope for the best?

Now for the frustrating parts. The wind is annoying not because its wind, but because it's inconsistent. One hole it's blowing south at 24mph, the nest it's blowing north at 35mph. 95% of the time it's at your front, making the whole even more difficult. I know the wind can't always be at your back, but since when does the wind lead a golfer thru a round.

Weather is also an issue. Just about every other round has rain it. After making it to the Pro Tour, there just hasn't been a sunny weekend. Since when are golf courses created under permanent rain clouds? Is this weather there to make it harder for me? I thought that's what the difficulty settings where for. And again as I stated earlier, I don't want a round of golf to be as bad as I am in real life. I play a video game to do what I can not.

How about putting? Decent unless you just barely miss the green and land on the second cut. Then you have no option from the caddy to putt. The caddy at times has two choices you can pick from to set up your shot. But if you miss the green, and even ever so slightly, the caddie will not have putting one of those options. You can still select the putter and putt, but you'll get no help. I believe in real life the caddie would be fired for refusing to help the golfer line up his putt. This game tho he defies you. So line up your putt, hope you have it the option to putt preview, because lining up your putt from the second cut is harder than it looks.

You do not have access to all golf courses. You either have to spend coins to unlock rounds, or spend $5 to purchase the course. To purchase all courses, $95. That's not including the $50 or so it took to first purchase the game. It wouldn't be so bad if the courses you had yet to buy weren't on the Pro Tour. But yes, I have to skip some tourney's because I refuse to spend extra money on courses that are on the schedule of career mode. I could uses coins, but those are slow to accumulate and it takes 12000 coins to get three rounds. No option for 4 rounds other than real money. So I can't even purchase the course with coins to play in the tourney, I'll be short one round. So now I would have to spend the 12000 coins and play the greatest three rounds of my life so I Gold master the course so I have unlimited rounds and finally play it within career mode. Bad news tho. Can't Gold Master a course in 3 rounds let alone 4. You have to get 100 pars or better. 5 rounds isn't even 100 holes. You have to do 6 rounds, and then you can only bogey 8 times total in all 6 rounds. So 24000 coins to Master a course IF you can bogey less than 8 times.

All in all, worst game ever from EA. I would pass this game up in favor for an arcade golf game from Xbox Live.

Update!! So I get to Dubai for a tournament. Now I'm thinking, it's rained in every tournament I've been in so far. But hey! I'm in Dubai, where it rains very little, on average 5 times a year and mainly just during the cooler months of November to April. I should have a nice sunny weekend...Nope!!! It rained!! Gale force winds and rain!! Oh for the love of.....!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I now no longer have this game. Traded it in.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]