3.0 out of 5 stars Materials don't hold up very well after two years of daily wear, June 19, 2008
This review is from: Timex Women's T5E971 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Silver-Tone/Black Resin Strap Watch (Watch)
I purchased this watch and have worn it daily for about 2 years and 3 months. I am disappointed in this watch's face and watchband materials. I also don't like the way it lights in the dark.

First of all, the purple color peeled/deteriorated to silver rather quickly, before the first year was up, I think.

After two years, the watchband retainer (that keeps the extra length of strap in place) broke.

Today, I noticed that the watchband had broken at the notch - completely through on one side, and half torn on the other. I am attempting to superglue it but won't know for a day or two if that repair will be enough to keep it together - and I'm leaving for a long trip just after that, so this is even more worrisome.

As an initial impression, I did not like (and have never grown accustomed to) the way the Indiglo light worked. Primarily, this type of watch lights up the numbers rather than the face, and it is too dim and shuts off too quickly. This watch is supposed to light up when you shake your wrist, but I rarely used this feature.

The alarm and functions are pretty good, and I don't believe I've had to replace the battery so far. Also, the buttons have not failed as they did with previous Timex women's watches I owned.

I expect a watch's materials to hold up longer than 1-2 years. However, for under forty dollars, I guess I probably got what I paid for.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 27, 2010 8:44:49 AM PDT
I have had the same issue with my band breaking where it attaches to the watch. In addition, I'm starting to lose the lines in characters from the left-hand side. I assume it is a battery issue, but no store will replace the battery for fear of compromising the waterproof seal. I like the watch, but have owned it a similar amount of time and am disappointed in the performance of these components.

Posted on Aug 22, 2011 9:53:33 AM PDT
J. Morrow says:
The band breaking tends to happen with resin. The more your wear it and sweat, the more the resin wers down. Two years seems to be the standard shelf life on these bands. I've have many of them over the years from different brands and price points and this always is the case.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›