5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important films of the last five years, July 4, 2007
First of all, let me just say that I am 13 years old. Yet, this does not mean that I am so ignorant as to not know what goes on in the business of healthcare. I stay on top of political issues, and I read the news regularly to see what's going on in our world.

So, naturally, I've grown accustomed to Michael Moore's ideas and, when I heard of his new film "Sicko" that would exploit everything wrong with America's healthcare system, I got excited.

I saw Sicko last night and let me say right now that it does not disappoint. Michael Moore has created a painfully truthful documentary that seriously opens your eyes to yet another thing America lacks: true care for people who are sick and can't afford it. Moore takes us on a 2 hour long trip interviewing people and discovering their horror stories about their health insurance companies refusing to cover their necessary health expenses, and for incredibly shallow reasons.

Now hang on a second. Don't we already know all this? The answer is yes. But Michael Moore takes everything we know and magnifies it 100x so we can view it in full spectrum. The result is clear: depression about how awful our country, the land of the free and home of the brave, is on healthcare.

Next, Moore takes us along on journeys to Canada, the UK, France, and even Cuba to show us how amazing their healthcare is. Moore talks to the locals to find out their stories and then compares them in full force to the horrifying tales of injured and/or sick Americans who don't have--or can't reason with--health insurance.

The painfully truthful documentary is accompanied by Moore's special, dry, tongue-in-cheek humour that we know so well from his other films. You'll be laughing at one moment, and the next moment staring in absolute sheer horror at what is being exploited right before our eyes.

Whether you are young, old, sick, healthy, with health insurance, or without health insurance, Sicko is definitely worth the high admission prices we pay these days for the movies. See this film, in no way will you be disappointed.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]