2 of 6 people found the following review helpful
An Overall Great Godzilla Movie With Some Minor Flaws (Maybe not a movie for everyone),
This review is from: Godzilla (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
Looking at these reviews, I can see this film wasn't for everyone. I guess it's just one of those movies you either like a lot or you don't like it at all. I, however, was one of the ones who liked it a lot. I can see why others wouldn't like it and I know it has some flaws, but personally, the flaws don't detract me from the movie. To me, it was worth the ticket price I paid and I will definitely be buying it on blu ray.
Well, I guess I'll start with the good:
1. The special effects are amazing. They make the monsters look and move very life-like.
2. The action is great. I like that they didn't go the shaky cam route so you can actually focus on what was going on.
3.The plot is pretty solid. It's simple and enough to drive the story forward.
4. The acting was good enough as well. It could have been a bit better, but I think most of the actors played their roles well.
Now for the not so good:
1. Aaron Taylor Johnson. In my opinion, his acting was the weakest in the movie. It felt like he didn't put much emotion into his role and that made him come off as rather lackluster due to the fact that he was the lead actor. It also didn't help that he had Cranston's act to follow.
2. I think they could have shown more Godzilla throughout the film.
3. Cranston's death felt a little too early for the film. I wasn't quite fond of this since the way they advertised the movie, it seemed as though Cranston was the lead role in the movie. I feel like they could have had him on board for just a bit longer.
Well, that's pretty much my opinion of the movie after watching it once. I'm wondering if it'll change after watching it again. I might edit my review if it comes to that. All in all it felt like a pretty good movie with some flaws here and there. In my honest opinion, I think the movie was overhyped and that might be why so many were disappointed when they finally watched it. Luckily all the hype didn't kill the movie for me and I still greatly enjoyed it. Now it's time to wait for the sequel and hope that the flaws in this first installment are improved upon so that it can be one hell of a monster movie.