3.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Cooler...adequate, October 10, 2009
This review is from: Laptop Notebook Cool Pad w/ 3 Fans (Personal Computers)
I recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop and was looking for a way to keep my laptop cool so that it wouldn't overheat and cause problems like others have reported happening to their laptop. If your looking for something basic to keep your laptop cool and cheap. This is your guy. It does what it's supposed to do. Also I heard alot about cooler pads being too small this one holds my laptop without it slipping and my laptop is 15.5".

CON: Very flimsy feeling like I could break it without putting forth more effort regular handling of it is okay but I wouldn't be overly rough with it. The fans on the cooler pad are also open on the bottom so say if you want to put it on your bed or a soft surface you can but the fans won't work. It has to be on a hard surface in order for the fans to work.

I can't really complain it does what it is supposed to and I guess I am getting my money's worth. Cool thing is that when my laptop is powered down the fan is off so I don't have to unplug the USB cord that connects it to my laptop. While the cooler is on it's a cool electric blue color like your at the carnival. Not really important but hey....that's my 2 cents.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2011 4:42:53 PM PST
KatyKatIL says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2011 12:30:14 PM PST
Mdouglas says:
I appreciate your opinion but at the time that I purchased and made this comment, I can confess, was very green and did not know that manufacturers were making products like this and thought that this would be a decent purchase. Because it wasn't a good purchase I made the comment to warn others who might be green like me or wanting to save money. But as I said in the review I got my what I paid for. Thanks for your opinion...or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 9:23:59 AM PDT
Lucas says:
The Belkin has its share of problems as well. In fact the most popular one has the same rating as this one, and costs three times as much.

And it doesn't glow blue, like you're at the carnival.

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 5:53:25 PM PDT
Is this fan quite or loud when in use?

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 5:36:58 PM PDT
Alisha Moore says:
How loud is it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011 6:00:01 PM PDT
Mdouglas says:
It's a low hum but if you don't have it on a flat surface like desk or book then the fan starting making this clicking, choking like sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 10:00:35 AM PDT
Tirra says:
Very quiet. Ive had the same cooler under my 17" HP laptop since last Aug and its still working perfectly. Keeps you lap top cool and its quiet. Just dont buy it if you plan to be rough with it. Thats all. Otherwise go for it.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 9:49:30 PM PDT
pinknblu says:
TY, I to have a Sony Vaio 15.5 laptop!!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 2:03:21 PM PDT
Izzie F. says:
If someone already spent a lot of money, would it not make sense to save some...especially on accessories which work the same as any name-brand?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 8:00:12 PM PDT
thank you. I have been looking for someone who has actually had one for a while.I'll get one for the house, but do you know which one might be good for college?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›