16 of 19 people found the following review helpful
Pure 80's cheese with Flashdance and The Exorcist thrown in,
This review is from: Ninja III: The Domination [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is in my opinion the best ninja movie ever made. Yes, it is very corny and yes it is very cheesy but in a good kind of way. It's one of those movies where it is so bad it's actually good. This movie could be one of the best so bad it's actually good kind of movies ever made. I will give you the positives and negatives about this film. If you read this, this will be the best and the most official review about this movie.
1. It has ninjas in it. Duh. Love them ninjas.
2. Sho Kosugi who is a real ninja in real life is in it.
3. This movie has a great location. It was filmed in Phoenix, Arizona on the months of October of 1983 to December of 1983. Love the great ending on top of the mountains.
4. Sho Kosugi doesn't use his kids in this one. Yippie for us.
5. Lucinda Dickey is hot in this movie, probably still is hot even today. Who knows.
6. This movie has loads and loads of action. This movie is all about action.
7. The coolest and most rediculous beginning of a movie in movie history. If you have seen this movie you all know what happens.
8. This movie borrowed elements from Flashdance which was released in 1983. So they must of stole that pretty quickly. And of course this movie borrows from The Exorcist during the exorcism scene where they try to bring out the demon out of Lucinda Dickey which of course turns out to be a Ninja!!!!!!
1. No dvd. I have been contacting Anchor Bay and Blue Underground. Hopefully some company will finally realize that this deserves a dvd release.
2. There are deleted scenes that may or may not be still out there. If you have the big box vhs cover version in which i do not have but still remember from renting so often, you can see on the back Sho Kosugi killing a black suited ninja which was never in the movie so i'm trying to push Anchor Bay or Blue Underground to release this movie with the deleted scenes.
3. No nudity. How is that possible when you have Lucinda Dickey in her 20's in a ninja film, in a Golan Globus production, which is rated R during the 1980's? There was definitely a chance though but either Dickey didn't want to show them because she thought she would become a big actress some day(which never happened) or the director which was Sam Firstenberg blew it which was unlikely to happen because Firstenberg did have nudity in Revenge Of The Ninja in which he also directed.
4. That acting is very weak to say the least. Lucinda Dickey may be hot but she can't act. That's probably why she never hit it big. Jordan Bennett can't act as well. Sho Kosugi isn't a great actor either and i've read that in most of his movies they actually dubbed his voice. And i believe they dubbed his voice in this movie.
5. This is a Golan Globus production so the production is less than stellar. This movie is over 20 years old now and the special effects are cheesy if past their prime.
6. This movie was filmed on a low budget and the movie shows that.
7. If your going into this movie hoping for great acting, great writing, great special effects and big name stars forget about it. This is strictly B movie fair.
That's all folks. Have a great day.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012 11:40:38 AM PDT
Actually, Sho Kosugi has never taken Ninjutsu. The only well-known actor who has is Sonny Chiba who's a 4th dan.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›