5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, NO static!, August 20, 2010
This review is from: Angelcare Baby Sound Monitor, White (Baby Product)
Bought this as a replacement for the Fisher-Price Sounds 'N Lights Dual Receiver Monitor M5578 which was horrible because of static and poor sound sensitivity.

This monitor has been among the best I've ever used (I've had many over the last 6 years).

PROS:

1. Very sensitive. There is a sensitivity control on the back of the base station which works great. You can even hear the kids breathing or whispering. The Fisher-Price would only work if my kid was screaming.

2. NO static or interference. Finally, a monitor that doesn't pick up stray radio programs or endless clicking and static. There can be a slight buzz if it's searching for a new channel but that's it. The Fisher-Price would buzz when trucks drove by or airplanes flew overhead, but this monitor doesn't do that.

3. Has multiple channels to select from to give you the clearest signal. Great if your neighbors have the same monitor so you don't listen to each other.

4. Excellent range. Good for at least 75 feet in my experience. Will even warn you if out of range.

5. Receiver uses rechargeable batteries which you can change yourself. You can upgrade the batteries if you want them to last longer, but this hasn't been a problem for me. Has lasted at least two days without needing recharge.

CON:

Only comes with one receiver. Most monitors come with two. You can get two if you buy the motion sensitive pad which I didn't need/want.

BOTTOM LINE:

Almost the perfect baby monitor. No static, good range, very sensitive, and lots of usable features.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2010 11:24:23 PM PDT
Jeff S. says:

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 7:21:03 AM PDT
northernmom says:
how bring is the LED screen? when the baby cries is the 'sound indicator' light useful?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 4:39:53 AM PST
Jill Nold says:
I have the deluxe version with the sensor pad and loved it since we were first time parents. Now that we no longer need the sensor pad, I plan on buying this one for sound/temperature. The screen is small 2" maybe and you do have to look directly at it at the right angle to view the display (other angles it looks like everything is on), but that really didn't bother me. The sound indicator was helpful for me. I'm also looking at the Philips Avent DECT monitor with temp/humidity sensors, but my gut says to go with this one which we're already familiar with. good luck.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:04:14 AM PDT
The Sparrow says:
Thanks for the detailed review. I'm purchasing this for my elderly mother with and for whom my sister and I care. Right now, mom rings a bell if she needs help getting up during the night. But my sister and I are beginning to DREAM she's ringing for us, and that impairs our sleep. So we thought a baby monitor would do the trick. I'm going to buy this one based on your review. Thank you!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (463 customer reviews)

$59.99 $49.97
Reviewer

Sam Archer
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: USA