14 of 15 people found the following review helpful
Great Starter Kit,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Fancierstudio 1000watt Lighting Kit Black White Muslin Backdrop and background stand kit By Fancierstudio K105BW (Electronics)
I bought this set recently to step into the world of Portrait Photography. I wanted something cheap, obviously, but also something that would give me at least an idea of whether or not I was going to be able to create reasonable pictures.
First off the cons, because tradition dictates "bad news first" right?:
1. No instructions, none, nada, zip, zilch. So, this seems odd BUT there really isn't all that much to it. There are some videos around on youtube for similar sets, if not this one, so you can figure it out easily enough.
2. Sturdiness. Its not so sturdy. However, if give proper care it is not frail. I have set up and broken down the set 3 times now and it does well enough. The light stands are not so bad on the sturdiness scale, just be careful around the back drop stands.
3. The bag is only for the back drop stands. Now, this is probably my fault, but I was thinking the bag would be for the whole set. Again, not a deal breaker at this price.
The goods, yay!:
1. The lights are "sufficient." If you have no ambient light in the area you can get the results you want with this set up. You may have to get the lights closer than you would think, but you can light a subject well enough.
2. The backdrops, while not very thick, do their jobs as well. Just be sure you have an iron to get the creases out when you get ready for first use.
Overall this is a great kit for starting out with portraits. It will give you an idea of both you and your gear's capabilities.