4.0 out of 5 stars A bit difficult to maneuver, November 1, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hooked this braided HDMI cable between my HDTV and my computer to stream video from the internet to my HDTV. The picture is clear and the sound quality is very good. I don't see any difference while using this cable from computer to HDTV than I do when watching TV directly from my satellite box. The only problem I have with this cable is that it is very thick due to the braiding, which makes it hard to turn. I need to plug it into one side of my HDTV, loop it around the back of the TV and bring it out on the other side where I place my computer out of tripping range. The thickness of the cable makes it hard to loop around and it's heavier than the other cables I have. This cable would probably be best for professional use where there might be heavy usage and plugging and unplugging of the cord. It will probably stand the test of time and constant movement easier than the regular smooth vinyl cables. But, for normal home use, the vinyl cables are easier to handle.

For anyone who has not used an HDMI cable and is new to HDTV, this cable can be used to hook up your cable box, DVD or Blu Ray disc player, computer, Wii, sound system and whatever else you have that has an HDMI cable connector. You do not need to use separate audio cables as this beauty steams everything through it. It's super simple to use - just plug it in to your HDTV and plug the other end into the other component and play. I suggest getting HDMI cables for each separate component so you don't have to pull out the DVD cable to plug in your computer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2011 5:06:31 PM PDT
Courtney B. says:
I'm sorry I only have to mention that the Nintendo Wii does not support HDMI the Nintendo Wii U will and PS3 as well as Xbox 360 currently support HDMI in order to view 1080p content from either system. Just trying to clarify for those less tech savvy.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 5:25:32 AM PDT
David Shipp says:
The cable lost one star because it is made durably and may last for a long time ???

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 1:17:05 PM PDT
Sadie says:
No. It lost one star because it's a bit difficult to maneuver. It isn't very flexible.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 5:48:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2011 5:48:27 PM PST
Vita says:
David loves his braided cable. ha. Honestly though, thanks for mentioning the stiffness of the braided cable. I was debating getting the braided cable because I thought it would be more flexible, not less. I'll probably settle for the standard cable now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 1:14:30 PM PST
C. Catron says:
actually, can purchase a wii2HDMI adapter to use HDMI

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 10:19:34 AM PST
"L" Herzog says:
I bought this for the exact same reason you did, to connect my laptop to my HDTV to stream movies and videos. Video worked perfectly, but no sound. Am I supposed to do somthing special? I checked the menu setting on my TV and everything seems to be okay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 11:53:28 AM PST
Sadie says:
The sound worked fine for me. There's nothing special that needs to be done with an HDMI cable. The beauty of it is that you only need this on e thing to get both video and sound. There's probably a setting on your TV that needs to be changed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 4:19:31 PM PST
Hi Sadie,

Thanks for replying. I gave the cable to my uncle and it works perfectly on his TV - video AND sound. It must be my TV, which is a really good one. Oh well. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 6:01:57 AM PST
Matt says:
"L" Herzog: I'm no expert, but I suspect the issue is your laptop doesn't output sound via its HDMI port. Laptops have different components providing video and audio output, and the HDMI output on the laptop probably comes straight from the video card, so the audio isn't hooked up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 6:15:38 AM PST
"L" Herzog says:
Hi Matt - Thanks for responding. I gave the cord to my uncle. When he connected it to his laptop and to the TV, everything worked fine - video and sound. When his wife connected it to her laptop and the TV, she only got sound. So her laptop and mine are not getting the sound. Is there a setting I can change?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›