5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Medialink Easy Setup Wireless Router, Repeater & Range Extender (300 Mbps) (Electronics)
UPDATE (02/09/2014): The router still runs perfectly, but we've added two smart phones, an iPod touch, an iPad, and a Foscam wireless camera into the mix. Despite that, no problems, no dropped signals, etc. Love it.

---------------------

UPDATE (12/11/2011): I've had this for about a year now, and I have still never had a problem with it. I've left it on/plugged almost the entire time, but when I've had to unplug it (e.g., to move a computer desk), it has reconnected almost instantly when I plugged it back in. I also added a second laptop to the house a few months ago, and the router is still performing flawlessly. If Amazon allowed it, I'd give this thing another star.

---------------------

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I took a chance on this a few months ago, when it was relatively new and had fewer reviews. The company emailed me a few days after ordering to thank me and inform me how I could receive assistance if I needed it.

Well, I haven't needed it. In fact, this router is about as "plug-and-play" as a USB drive or mouse. I didn't even follow the Quick Start instructions...I just plugged it in and it worked right away! I previously had a Linksys B router which would drop the connection about once or twice a night. However, the MediaLink router has worked perfectly for months...I haven't lost the connection once! This router will seriously compete with the big boys, and for the price, it is an incredible value.

Pros:
+ Very, very easy to set up
+ Perfect signal anywhere in my apartment
+ Has worked continuously with NO LOST CONNECTIONS in two months
+ Looks very sleek
+ Fantastic price
+ Friendly customer service, although with how well the router works, I may not ever have to contact them again...

Cons:
- This is a STRETCH, but the blue lights on the router are a bit bright...it may distract you in a dark environment. However, I am never in the same room as the router, so I do not care at all.

Note: I use a Toshiba Windows 7 laptop, which is the only device that utilizes the router. I haven't tested it with multiple machines or with my Wii or anything.

(Also, I've noticed some people responding to other 5 star reviews with accusations that the reviewers work for the makers of the router. Not sure what their agenda is (Linksys employees/fanboys?), but for the record, I do not work for Mediabridge Products, LLC, nor do I know anyone who works for them. I am not receiving any compensation or other such benefits for writing this review, either. I am really impressed with this product, and I rely on reviews before making any online purchase, so I thought I'd contribute.)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2011 6:01:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2011 6:03:40 AM PST
P. Tai says:
I appreciated your review among others who bought the Medialink wireless router on Amazon - I bought it a few months ago when it appeared that my Linksys G router was streaming videos too slowly from the Internet. Following the instructions, I was able to get the router up and running relatively easily (much easier than my Linksys router a few years ago). I have three wireless connections - one laptop, one PC, and an all-in-one printer as well as one wired connection. Everything has worked flawlessly! Earlier, I bought the Medialink wireless adapter which set up easily and has worked for a year without a hitch.

What's great about the U.S. is that entrepreneurship exists and small "no name" companies like the one that makes the Medialink router can compete with the big boys by bringing great products to the consumer at a great price. I look forward to new products from this and other companies that take the consumer to the next level in product quality and value. Of course, Amazon is a great place to look for consumer products!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 9:50:23 AM PST
Hello from Medialink,

I just wanted to say thank you to P. Tai for the the nice comment. We're glad you are happy with our products and we will continue to offer new high-quality products at a fair price. Please stay tuned!

Thanks,
Medialink Products
856-216-8222
support@medialinkproducts.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 12:50:45 PM PDT
Okay, Medialink, I am an absolute novice when it comes to wireless networking. I want to support an iPad I'm going to buy for my wife. I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop circa 2007. It is connected to a broadband link with a local company. Do I need just your router or some other gear, as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 1:09:53 PM PDT
@James R. Hummel

You can use the Medialink router with the broadband modem you currently have and the Medialink router will allow the iPad and the laptop to connect to the network. You should not need anything further. If you need help setting it up, just give us a call.

Thanks,
Medialink Customer Support
856-216-8222
support@medialinkproducts.com
Tues-Sat 9am to 6pm Eastern

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 12:08:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2013 5:05:26 PM PDT
Tuora says:
Medialink Wireless N Router - 802.11n - 150 Mbps - 2.4 Ghz - NEW Design w/ Internal Antenna.

That was when my trips to the basement to reset other routers stopped for good. I miss the exercize...

Posted on Aug 23, 2012 10:18:44 PM PDT
hulud86 says:
That con is actually good to know if your router is in your bedroom like mine. Luckily I'm not a fussy sleeper so it doesn't bother me!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:21:58 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 3:20:21 PM PDT
Adam C. says:
Croc, I'm glad you think my writing is good enough to seem professional, but I'm sorry you don't believe what I have to say. There are almost 3,000 five-star reviews for this router - don't you think that, statistically, a few of us might actually be able to write well? Also, if I was a fake reviewer, why would I come back almost 11 months later to update my review with new, long-term information?

If you can think of a reasonable way that I can prove to you that this is not fake, I'd be happy to help! I don't buy anything unless it has good (and decently-written) reviews, so I try to pay it forward by doing the same for others.

-Adam
Oklahoma

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 6:59:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2013 7:01:30 AM PDT
Adam,

I have been reading reviews at Amazon.com for many years now and yours is one of my favorites. Very detailed (but not overwhelmingly so), to the point, serious where it needs to be and funny elsewhere (particularly your paragraph in parenthesis wherein you reference a possible cabal of nefarious Linksys employees/fanboys :-) ), and just all around helpful. Bravo!

Blessings,