5.0 out of 5 stars Love this TV!, June 17, 2010
This review is from: Samsung PN58C6500 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
I've had my TV for almost a month now....

Picture Quality:

I like it much better than the Samsung UN55C6300 LED I ended up returning. That TV made things look too "cartoonish" AND I have not experienced any audio syncing or juddering at all which I did with the LED.

Initially, I only made two adjustments to my pictures settings. I set the black level to darkest and changed it to movie mode. This thing has an awesome picture without ANY calibration at all. However, I have since used calibration settings found on the AVS forum and they did enhance the picture even more.

Internet: I have it hooked up via Ethernet and have really enjoyed having the ability to view Netflix movies, Amazon movies, Blockbuster movies and view the Facebook and YouTube widgets.

Media: I was able so successfully stream music, pictures, and videos from my PC and a Flash Drive.

Basically, almost every thing I was using on my PS3 in regards to internet, I am able to do with this TV.

In summary:
I'm totally in LOVE with this TV and hope it will last me many years.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2010 6:43:46 PM PDT
My viewing room has many windows and I'm concerned about light reflecting on the screen and washing out the picture. Have you had any such issues with your tv screen?
Glenda

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2010 6:47:48 PM PDT
LarryT says:
No, I haven't really had a problem with light reflecting. However, my room doesn't have a ton of light. I can say that in general Plasma screens are more reflective than LCD screens. If you have a way of controlling the light I wouldn't be hesitant in buying it. I hope this helped!

Posted on Aug 13, 2010 10:24:58 AM PDT
Tim Acker says:
Hi LarryT. I just received my PN58C6500 last week. Could you please post a link to those calibration settings you referenced in your review? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2010 10:36:30 AM PDT
LarryT says:
Hear you go: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1245336 I hope you enjoy your TV...I am still loving mine!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (30 customer reviews)

Out of stock