1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 60 days of light use - NOT RECOMMENDED, February 13, 2012
This review is from: For TracFone / Net10 LG 800g Case Pouch (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Update:
After 30 days, the fabric started to fray at the edge from the few times I took my phone out and replaced it each day (about 5 times). Then, the clip broke off of the pouch on April 1, about 60 days after purchase, while it was on my belt. The only thing holding the clip to the phone is a tiny span of plastic. That broke. I rarely use the phone, so the pouch gets very light use. It sits on my belt half the day, snug and undisturbed. I had another holster as mentioned below for another phone, and that lasted over 5 years - I retired the phone before the holster.

I do not recommend this holster.

Original Review:

The LG800 is a very sleek phone and this carrier is really ONLY for if you have a gel skin cover. Otherwise, as noted, the carrier is really too big for the phone.

I come from having a small LG clamshell that had a very small belt pouch, now I am still getting use to the LG800 and this pouch. I love the LG800 as a step up from the clamshell. I wish I could keep a low profile.

Given the size of the phone itself, the carrier is quite large. Partly this is the result of the pouch being a tad bit larger than necessary. Partly it results from the clip extending out a bit rather than being part of the pouch itself. In a gel case, the phone does fit well in the pouch, while still coming out easily.

The magnetic flap (no button) insures that the phone won't fly out but is not a significant restraint and will not slow your taking the phone out. Removal of the phone is silent.

The case will rotate (in secure increments) up to 90 degrees - in either a forward or backward direction when hooked to the belt. SO if you prefer to have the pouch open to the front instead of to the top - yes, it rotates.

The clip has a plastic "hook" on the inside clamp and this is what some may have taken issue with. It makes the phone very secure when hooked to a belt. I am sure you could file it round if it was truly an issue.

I have no trouble hooking or unhooking the phone if I remember to simply push toward the hook to disengage it from being around the belt.

Other than a bit of shock at the size, I am happy with the pouch. The is NO hiding this phone on your belt under a jacket or shirt. As you know th phone alone is sleek and low profile. But it is slippery and so we get a gel case to protect it from dropping. Thus...this big pouch.

I would eventually like to find a pouch that fits the phone without a gel case and has as low a profile as the phone.

4 stars because it certainly could be designed to be more sleek and an even better fit for this phone.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]