2.0 out of 5 stars Worth my money, but probably not yours., March 20, 2013
This review is from: Timex T035WC2 Color Changing Alarm Clock with Soothing Sounds (White) (Electronics)
I am a connoisseur of bad usability design, and I love this alarm clock! I have definitely gotten my money’s worth of amusement out of it. It’s like the design team at Timex set out to take a simple, well-established piece of technology and make it as unusable as possible.

I can’t decide which is my favorite feature.
Is it the ear-splitting beep at every button-press that wakes up everyone in the house when you go to set your alarm at night?
Is it the small, close-set buttons that each have several features having nothing to do with the feature they’re labeled with?
Is it the “soothing sound” that goes PING! PING! every five seconds or so?

...No, I think my favorite feature of all is the placement of two of the buttons arranged vertically on the front surface of the clock: the Up button BELOW the Down button.

Beautiful!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 8, 2013 1:02:54 AM PDT
L. Mann says:
Thanks for your incredibly funny review! Helped me get over wondering why it's so darn difficult to find a digital display clock that is not black, or preferably an analog that is neat looking but with time visible at night--not on a sensor or when button is touched. So, have you tried any others?

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 3:25:24 PM PDT
A. Clark says:
Thanks for making me laugh out loud! Wonderful!

Posted on Jul 24, 2013 10:31:58 AM PDT
Thanks, I am still smiling from your review, even after sending my third clock back to Amazon, two that would not work and one for being electric but advertised as battery operated.

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 3:30:23 PM PDT
T. P. Ryan says:
so funny luv the reveiw it made my day

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 4:21:29 PM PDT
LMAO!
Thanks for the laughs!

Posted on Oct 18, 2013 12:24:34 AM PDT
Dear Julia------every now and then when I find someting I am interested in (even just a little just to waste what little social security money I have) I head to the comments just after I've almost fallen in love with the bauble / trinket I'm considering on being disappointed about. It's those damned expectations----if they (the folks that write the descriptions) wouldn't tease us to the point where we're salivating, much like a dog waiting for the steak to fall off the counter----then maybe we could accept our frailities regarding being duped into believing white is black and black is white.

That being said---my real point in writing to you is this-----if you ever get tired of what you do for a career, be it surgeon or housekeeper and mother-----It is my humble opinion that you would do very well as a stand up comedian---what you wrote --- I take that back it wasn't what you wrote it was how you wrote it. Anyway you had me in stitches and if I may use an antiquated term----you are most definately one incredible hoot!!!!

keep on writing!!! take care and i wish you well

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:02:58 PM PDT
amartin says:
Love your review, and it stopped me from buying this gadget. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 3, 2013 1:39:00 PM PST
staples says:
Thanks for this highly entertaining review

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 7:47:01 PM PST
Great review. My husband and I are laughing.

Posted on Nov 8, 2013 9:23:39 AM PST
D. Gilchrist says:
Best review, ever!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

2.6 out of 5 stars (284 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $25.00