3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but leaves you wanting more., March 11, 2009
This review is from: Griffin AirCurve Acoustic Amplifier for iPhone -Clear (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this item hoping to find a nice stand to go next to my bed. Like most people, I imagine, I charge my phone overnight and prefer to have it next to me on my dresser. While it's functional to just use a USB cord, a stand is preferable.

I picked this one out hoping its simplistic design would go with the iPhone nicely. The designers almost got it. It fits snugly into the base and amplifies sound nicely, considering how small the speaker really is.

What it does poorly is work with a USB cord. I was hoping to have a stand that I could easily plop the phone into and start charging. Not so with this stand. You have to reach in, pull the cord out, connect the phone, then reach underneath to pull the excess cord back, pulling the phone into the stand. Once it's in place, it's nice, but getting there is quite a pain late at night and early in the morning.

I'm all about functionality, and for a phone that makes sense on all fronts, this stand does not match. I'm using it for now, but as soon as I find one that's better, I'm moving on.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 26, 2009 10:26:35 PM PDT
bobazon says:
From the Griffin site:
" The cable that came with my iPhone falls into the AirCurve every time I remove my iPhone!
We have a new adapter that will fix that problem. If your AirCurve did not come with that adapter go to our contact page and send us your address and phone number so we can send one out to you."

Posted on Aug 20, 2009 8:35:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2009 8:36:57 AM PDT
DanyWPB says:
This poor guy probably threw out the piece that holds the USB cord plug. It is a small white piece of TUV (rubberized plastic) which when properly used holds the plug rigidly in place and allows you to place the iphone into the stand without any problems.

I feel bad for this guy, maybe he can contact Griffin and they'll send him the piece.
DanyWPB

Oops, just saw Griffin's comments they are a step ahead of me.

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 4:50:46 AM PST