Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all genres, March 18, 2004
This review is from: Shaun Escoffery (Audio CD)
Shaun Escoffery. Not a man I had heard of before and not a man who I knew anything about.
But after some plugging by the magazine Blues & Soul, I thought I would buy his album and give it a go.
And I have been amazed by its originality. Its a mixture of Soul, dance, and garage.
It Opens with the uplifting "Days Like These" which seems to be an appriciation of the world. A nice opening, and one which we get a taster of things to come.
Track 2 is the big one though. "Space Rider" is a hard track to comment on in terms of its genre. Its a type of soulful garage. Its my personal favourtie on the album and one which I enjoy time and time again. Shaun's vocals are superb and the song is a utterly superb. You must check this track out.
"Let It Go" is the 3rd track and is a kind of dance/soul track which musically one of the best tracks on the album but perhaps not vocally.
Track 4 is "Breaking Away". In this track I believe Shaun sounds very much like Seal (Killer, Crazy, Kiss From a Rose) This is the first downtempo song we hear on the album at this point and we get more of a idea of the range that Mr Escoffery has vocally.
Track 5 "Hurts Too Good" is much more downtempo than "Breaking Away" and is easier to catogarise. Its a love ballad which is soulful and beautiful. It has a great sound, and the words are particually beautiful.
So we have already seen in the opening five tracks how Shaun Escoffery can change his styles and he keeps this theme going with the 6th Track which is called "Into The Blue" and is one of the albums best. I this is a garage track and is just stunning. Its a very nice song. Its got that soulful garage feel, and vocally Escoffery is perfect. The range of his voice is at its best here in this song. I would love to see him do this live.
The Soulful Garage theme is still evident in Track 7 "Conversation of the Heart". Even from the title I quickly realise that Escoffery puts a lot of thought into his lyrics. Its another superb track.
Track 8 "Ordinary Day" is more of a middle of the road track. The Seal infulences are evident again (not taking anything away from Shaun). A nice track but when compared to the rest of the album it doesn't compete.
"Windows" is the 9th track and the best ballad on the album. This is one of the few songs that when I listen to, i just stop, and get blown away but the beautifully soft soulful voice of Shaun Escoffery.
Track 10 is the last standered track on the album. "Give Everything" Its another middle of the road type of track. But its another corker. I feel this is a very personal song. The chorus of |"If I wanna Dance, I would just dance, If wanna sing i just give everything"
And Mr Escoffery - You have.
Track 11 is a Spinna & ticklah mix of "Days Like These".
Overall - I am very impressed. One of the best things about listening to this was the fact I Knew Shaun Escoffery was a Brit. Its very heart warming to know that Britain has produced an artist with so much talent.
And If you do happen to be browsing and come across this Mr Escoffery - In the name of great music - I salute You.

[Add comment]