5.0 out of 5 stars We are very happy with this camera, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ3 16.1 MP Compact Digital Camera with20x Intelligent Zoom (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
I just bought this for my wife. It is a very nice compact camera. I read the reviews carefully for a number of compact models on Amazon, Cnet and elsewhere. Panasonic seemed the best in this category so I went with the recent model. We are very happy we did. We are happy with Canon for larger, more serious cameras but for compacts Panasonic seems best. This is certainly better than the Canon it replaced.

The response time to click and shoot is very short compared to other compact cameras we have had. The picture quality seems excellent in "Intelligent Auto". It is flexible if you want to customize your shots with several built-in photo types and also freedom to adjust yourself. The 10X optical zoom is very good, too. [Note: goes to 20X with "digital zoom". Pictures look fine but I think it is more meaningful to compare the optical zoom. 10X is very good for a camera this small.]

The only thing that we have any trouble with is the "panoramic" feature that stitches several pictures into one wide one. It is not a feature very important to us the but the couple of times I have tried it I had trouble getting it to work. It said they camera was not moved horizontally enough to work.

Other than that, it is very easy to use. The buttons are well-located and the menus are clear and easy to navigate. Overall, we are very happy with this camera.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2013 10:33:27 AM PDT
Paul says:
How is the "intelligent zoom"? Are the pictures pretty good all the way out to 20X? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2013 8:47:16 AM PDT
Contrarian says:
Yes, 20X zoom is fine.

I think cameras only deserve credit for optical zoom. The rest is basically cropping the picture. But yes, they look fine at 20X, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 11:38:56 PM PST
silky69 says:
I bought a DMC- LZ7 years ago at Best Buy with a 4 year warranty purchased also. After 2 years, the zoom lense was jammed, so I took it back to get it repaired or replaced. They refused to replace it AND refused to repair it. Instead, they offered me a Kodak brand with half the zoom but more pixels. I told them that the one thing I loved about the LZ7 was the zoom and I used it all the time. They held their ground and would not repair or replace the Panasonic LZ7 that I LOVED. I went to Ebay and found a good deal on a refurbished LZ7 and got it.

Two years later ( 4 years after purchase of my first LZ7 at Best Buy w/ a 4 year warranty they sold me, I returned to the store ( right before warranty expires).) It was then that they told me that they would not replace it and it and they could try to repair it. I told them that they had already told me it could not be replaced or repaired, so I ended up buying the same camera to replace it on Ebay and now i needed a store credit for my purchase. I waited at the service desk for over an hour without anyone telling me anything or what the plan was. At one point, I saw someone fiddling with my broken camera at a desk trying to get it unjammed. At closing time, after waiting for WAY over an hour, I finally got a refund. Just be aware that Best Buy warranties on cameras do not hold up very well and they offered to replace the broken camera with 2 years left on the warranty with a camera of a DIFFERENT BRAND, HALF the amount of Zoom, and more pixels.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›