5.0 out of 5 stars Release Season 8, already!, August 21, 2009
This review is from: Touched by an Angel: Season 8 (DVD)
With nearly half of the ENTIRE SERIES already available on DVD, you'd think the next logical step would be to release Season 5, right? CBS and Paramount has apparently dropped this idea, and will only be releasing "collections" of the episodes that are considered the "best". There are only 4 episodes on each set, some have been released on DVD already.

I know I should be happy but I'm not. I assume this is for financial reasons (not like CBS and Paramount combined are hurting) and this is better than nothing but it is a lame attempt to appease the fans when nearly half of the series on DVD has been released already. Nearly every tv show known to man is being released on DVD, and they pull a stunt like this? I would say this release should not be supported, but I fear if it's not they will never release seasons of TBAA on DVD again. This is truly a disappointment, and that's an understatement.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 21, 2009 7:47:10 PM PDT
If nothing else, they should just release the entire series at once and be done with it. They'd never have to put money into another TBAA release ever again, just put it all on DVD at once. I blame marketing. I never saw any advertising for the DVD releases, and I actually only saw it in stores once (granted, I live in Alaska, but our shelves are filled with everything else). How are people going to buy it if it's not even on the shelves? I bought all of my copies here, off of amazon. If CBS has "moved on" to releases like this, I fear the entire series may never be on DVD. An independent company in Australia has begun to release TBAA on DVD, and if CBS is going to sit by idly and never complete the series (when nearly half of it has already been released) I WILL buy TBAA from Australia without hesitation. I know times are tough CBS, but I doubt both CBS and Paramount combined would have problems releasing TBAA on DVD if they wanted to. Put it out all at once, if you have to, and be done with it. I would pay top price to have the entire series on DVD. It is irresponsible to release half of the series on DVD and then just stop!!

I encourage all other fans to also voice their opinion (kindly). Write Paramount and tell them to do the right thing.

phe_customerservice@paramount.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 4:20:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 30, 2009 4:21:24 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 4:21:43 PM PDT
B. Rozen says:
Don't know if it is any good, but I wanted you to see what we found. I am not recommending as I know nothing of the authenticity.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2009 8:15:41 PM PDT
OceanLover says:
In relation to B. Rozen's post: This is a scam site. It continually changes its name and sometimes you can catch certain places in the fine print where they forget to change the old name to the new one. I found other posts by people who tried to buy from here and all they got was trouble...one person had to cancel their cc and they didn't even get the DVDs, which are boot-legs.

In relation to The Red Aaron's post: I looked up the Australia versions/volumes (with the third being released very soon). Unfortunately, the volumes aren't an entire series but contain 3 DVDs with 3 episodes on each. The second volume contains all nine episodes from the second season, and the third volume contains 2 season 2 episodes, 4 season 3 episodes, and 3 season 4 episodes. I couldn't find out which episodes were on volume one, but I figure it has all nine episodes from season one. So, unfortunately they aren't releasing the entire seasons. The upside, though, is that if they do release more volumes, we at least get more of the episodes from season 5 onward. The only thing to remember is to make sure the DVDs you buy are region 1.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 6:49:04 PM PDT
Sam says:
I don't get it. They know this show has fans and they are letting us down. And they stand to make money from us, don't they? I hope I'm right on that. I guarantee they would make money from me, and it looks like from some of you as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2013 4:25:01 PM PDT
Lynn M. says:
Don't know if you realize it or not, but season 5 is out!!!
Just thought I'd point that out to you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.9 out of 5 stars (36 customer reviews)

Add to wishlist