5.0 out of 5 stars People will certainly look..., March 21, 2011
This review is from: ASICS Men's GEL-Noosa Tri 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
I like minimal shoes but needed something with more cushion for my daily pavement pounding. These shoes in theory are for triathletes which i am certainly not. However I picked these because they had the features I needed while being substantially more interesting then the GS trainers. At the price of perhaps less structure.

In addition to the gel and stability asics are known for, these shoes offer the ability to run in them barefoot, to use the elastic laces for quick on and off, a substantial amount of venting, awesome colors and they glow in the dark!

Im a bit flat footed and slightly over pronate. I started using these after I got repeated injuries using my Brooks Green Silence. Thats not those shoes fault though, I think it was the constant running on city streets, being slightly worn out after 150 miles of pavement running, and my flat footedness. These shoes correct those problems for me, but at the cost of additional weight and a bit less flex. A necessary tade off for us flat footed city dwellers perhaps. I run about 5 miles every other day, sometimes with some 10ers thrown in, so about 20+ miles a week.

These shoes will definitely get you noticed. I had lots of people point and whisper or do a double take. They are THAT bright. As I've almost been run over a number of times in LA, I for one dont think thats a bad thing--and theyre so over the top they make me happy (and thats all that matters at the end of the day.) That being said, the three times I've run in these I've worn MMA or Jiu-jitsu shirts/hoodies just so people know they shouldnt laugh too much or try to steal them.

These shoes are versatile, fun, visible and offer a good combo of structure and light weight for us city runners. Hope you enjoy em as much as I do.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2011 1:36:05 PM PDT
R. Baker says:
In Triathlete Magazine, they show a different type of laces....on your shoes, were the laces similar to the Amazon photograph?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 2:09:03 PM PDT
A. Reader says:
They come with 2 different pairs: the ones in the picture as well as the elastic round type for easy on easy off-- I assume they would picture the other ones in Triathalete Mag.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 2:17:46 PM PDT
R. Baker says:
Yes, they showed the easy off laces...thanks for the quick reply...will probably order these tomorrow...are you still happy with them?

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 4:17:00 PM PDT
A. Reader says:
DO IT!!! If you need a lot of cushion and only run pavement I might get a different pair. But I took these on the trail and was pretty impressed with the job they did on dry dirt/rocks. I will probably order the next ones that come out, cause if I rotate right I should get another 3-6 months out of em.

But I warn you they are brighter than the pictures make em look. I'll upload a couple pictures in a minute or two.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2011 4:42:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 10, 2011 4:43:38 PM PDT
R. Baker says:
Ok, thanks....I will mostly use these for the road and tri races...but, I have coming off a very lightweight K-Swiss and I just need a little more heal cushion. Thanks for posting up the pix....yea, those are totally FUN looking shoes. I am all about not taking myself too seriously...thanks again for the help.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 4:38:41 PM PST
Got in another color?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (22 customer reviews)

Out of stock