Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it for $139, December 10, 2012
This review is from: 9'' Dual Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat 8GB Multimedia Tablet PC, Dual Camera, Google Play Pre-load, 3D Game Supported [enhanced version of Dragon Touch 9" A13 MID948B] (Electronics)
So I was in the market for a budget tablet (could not spend $500 on an iPad). I tried the 7" Kindle Fire (not HD) and a 7" Lenovo Ideatab (which I really liked and found for $149). But I really wanted a bigger tablet.

After seeing this get quite a few good reviews for the price, I decided to give it a try.

What I was looking for: a larger tablet that I could Skype with, watch Netflix and Amazon Instant Video on, and generally surf the web and check email.

Well, I can Skype with this. It has a front facing camera. Not the best quality so I wouldn't ever use this as a camera, but it's good for Skyping.

I am actually able to watch Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube on this in great quality! There are times when it is blocky and fuzzy when it is trying to buffer but other than that, it is great for watching movies on and the large screen is wonderful for that.

Surfing the web, I am able to use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in addition to the stock Android browser. But I am able to access the Google Play store and use Google Docs. I can even access the Amazon Appstore for their free apps of the days.

I do have to say, for $139, you do have to realize that there will be some performance concerns:

1. It takes a while to charge, especially if you run the battery down. It doesn't seem to charge if you are using the tablet while plugged in, but the battery has been lasting me 4-5 hours at a time.

2. The only big issue I have really had is that it is intermittently on the slow and steady side in terms of browsing and running apps, mostly when you are multi-tasking. Every now and then, I get a delay and then it states that a certain app or browser is not responding. It gives me the option to Wait or Cancel. Usually if I click on Wait, it then responds right away. It is a minor irritation, but I am pretty patient and am not at all put off by it, especially considering that I only paid $139 for a 9 inch tablet that on the whole works great!

I love it and would definitely get another one if I needed it

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2013 1:12:12 PM PDT
2ed Samuel says:
What are the USB cables uesd for? I have two of them for this device, searched online, cannot figure out what they are used for.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Thee Ox

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 6:11:59 AM PDT
So I am using a different inexpensive android tablet as I gave the other one to a family member for Skypeing but on the the tablet I am using now (similar specs and performance), if I enable USB hosting in System Settings, I can actually connect various USB devices. I am learning arduino programming right now and am using a USB cable to upload small programs to my arduino board (neat when it works). I also have hooked up a flash drive to transfer/watch/read movies or other files. I use ES File Manager to browse the files. Just make sure to unmount the drive before unplugging (System Settings=>Storage). Not sure if yours will work the same but hope it does. Also should be able to use the mini USB for charging I think.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2013 12:39:35 PM PDT
Hello Ih,
Wow. You know yer stuff! Thanks so for yer post. Thee is appreciative of all yer 411.
Thanks again!! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2013 6:48:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 21, 2013 6:48:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 16, 2013 11:48:34 AM PDT
Brian Smith says:
hello I like your review of this tablet. I was gonna get it but then I saw basically the same tablet for less money. Its the IB Elite 9" Tablet. Spec for spec its basically the same as far as processor, 512MB Ram, Ice Cream Sandwhich installed. So if you are considering this tablet, you may want to check out the IB Elite 9" Tablet. Its the same tablet but cheaper @ $84.99.

So for anyone considering this tablet and wants to save a few bucks, get the IB Elite 9" tablet and you will be just as happy.

IB Elite 9 inch Capacitive Allwinner A13 1.3GHz Tablet Android 4.0 IceCreamSandwich 4GB Internal Memory with Front Camera

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 11:29:08 AM PDT
is this wifi?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2013 12:10:58 PM PDT
Wifi this is!

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 12:58:07 PM PST
I am a Huge gamer. I bought this tablet because i usally prefer android and google stuff so i bought this tablet. Was it a good choice for me? or should i have bought an ipad? I really need to know. Please respond and let me know.

Thanks....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2013 1:17:27 PM PST
If your main reason for buying it is gaming, my personal opinion is to look elsewhere. It is a good everyday tablet for me to use, but knowing this tablet's limitations, I'm patient with it. Speed is not its strength for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2013 4:52:46 PM PST
Can it run things like instagram and facebook fastly? what about games like temple run and subway surfer?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›