1.0 out of 5 stars On my third cable, February 24, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ubisoft Rocksmith Real Tone Cable (Video Game)
Not sure why the review is asking me how much fun and how do I rate this game???
First off, I am a 59 year old man that has just taken up guitar. I bought a PS3 strictly for Rocksmith. The game is a fantastic teaching mechanism. I have learned how to play the Black Keys "Next Girl" all the way through in 4 weeks. My wife and I have been playing multi-player, what a blast.

But this write up is about the cable. I initially bought another cable to be able to jam with my wife. 2 days after starting to play, one of the cables broke. I returned the cable without issue and received another one. Thank You AMAZON! Now 3 weeks later another one is broken. I do have two so, I am able to swap cables and/or guitars to be sure it is the cable. The cable is defective. What a bummer when you want to play multi-player...
Wondering how many of these I am going to go through???

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2012 10:58:49 AM PDT
I am on my way to buy a 3rd cable and I have onbly had the game since January. The 1st one went after a week (no reason), returned it to Gamestop and got another one (and a $3 warranty!). NOw the 2nd one is making the game unplayable cause of the static...back to Gamestop I will go.There is defintely an issue with these cables...otherwise, an excellent game!

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:24:51 PM PST
Yeah! that Sucks!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:30:36 AM PST
Dumbledang says:
Thanks for an informative review, Mr. Maguire! I've just picked up Rocksmith yesterday and am loving it so far, but now I'm curious, what issue(s) are you encountering with these cables going bad? Static/poor quality? No sound at all? Any physical, visible defects with the cables, or is it just a wiring thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:41:44 AM PST
The cable was working and then nothing, no sound at all. I always have two cables so my wife and I can play together. When the cable fails we swap it out with the other working cable and still no sound. They just quit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 4:35:17 PM PST
fiockthis says:
I just plugged in my Rocksmith, and my cable isn't working either. No sound at all. I've only had the game for 2 weeks. A quick browse on the internet brought me to this review.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 4:48:58 PM PST
fiockthis says:
Upon closer inspection of the cord I discovered it is actually 2 pieces.

My cord is now working, here is what I did:

I unplugged the cord from my computer.
Restarted my computer.
After logging in, I plugged the cord into the usb port, making sure it went in snugly, and made sure the two pieces of the cord were pushed together. After doing this, my computer made the beep that it recognized that I plugged in a usb device.

I then followed ubisoft's instructions: http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17259/~/faulty-%2F-defective-real-tone-cable-for-rocksmith

Discovered my cord wasn't faulty, and got back to jammin!

Hope this helped.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 5:00:50 PM PST
fiockthis says:
Wow! Disregard my last post!

2 minutes later and it stopped working again already.

How irritating!

Posted on May 31, 2013 12:43:34 PM PDT
I play with my son, but the cables don't seem to last very long. I already went though two cables that failed after only a few months of playing. I know it's the cables since both my PS3 and PC don't recognize it when their plugged in.

I'm currently purchasing my 4th cable to play multi-player again (and have a backup in case my current one dies on me). Unfortunately Ubi-soft's warranty is for 30-days only. Not sure if there are alternatives out there, just beware.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2013 9:46:04 AM PST
Dr. H says:
Static might be your guitar's input jack or cord, usually is caused by a loose connection somewhere on the line (which could definitely be this Rocksmith cable as well, but just pointing out that it might not only be that cable.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2013 2:18:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2013 2:20:08 AM PST
T. Larson says:
Get the PC No cable fix.... its not officially supported but allows you to plug 1/4" cable with 1/8" adapter (microphone input port) and play that way. It just uses your guitar as it would a microphone and the fix allows the game to recognize it. If the cables don't last then this will be my next move since I refuse to keep buying faulty cables. Oh and this works for PC only. Yet another reason to use a PC as your gaming system. They can plug into your HDTV just as easy and they work with the 360 wireless controller just fine.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (805 customer reviews)

$32.99