Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Game - Wonderful Environments - Best Lego Game So Far!, June 20, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I have purchased and played every Lego game that's been put out (except for the music one) and this is another wonderful release. The first thing I was struck by is how IMMENSE the game is! The maps are large and there are so many things to do in the hub area. I have been playing for around 6 hours and have only complete 13% of the game and it's all been fun. It's exactly like the other Lego games (except bigger, brighter and so many fun things to do and look at).

I am an adult gamer and these Lego games keep me entertained and happy. Personally, I wouldn't recommend this game for a kid to play alone. I have trouble figuring some things out (on other Lego games) and have had to use YouTube playthroughs to progress.

But as usual, there is co-op play and a child would have so much fun playing with an adult (and the adult would have fun as well).

I recommend this game as highly as a recommendation can be. You will not be disappointed in any way.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 20, 2012 2:47:00 PM PDT
Jason Fox says:
Are the cutscenes subtitled or is there an option to turn it on? Thanks for your time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 2:59:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 3:00:46 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
You can turn on subtitles (which I did) from the beginning of the game. It's a nice, big font (not tiny like some games) and you can turn off the music, but keep the other noises playing.

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 5:29:09 PM PDT
JRest says:
Thanks for your review, as an adult gamer. I've been debating if I should get this...especially since they still have the bonus Heroes Pack available...but the $50 price tag has me debating as well. I really liked the Star Wars Original Trilogy and the 1st Indiana Jones Lego. Haven't really played any of the other Lego games...but the fact that these characters talk, intrigues me. How is the dialogue? Is it annoying/deterrent or does it add to the game? BTW-what's your xbox gamertag?!? Always good to play against/with adult gamers!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 5:34:28 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
They don't run a constant dialogue, but the in-between scenes and cutscenes are cute. If you played the 1st Indiana Jones, you know what to expect (but WAY more gameplay and better graphics, etc.). This is the best Lego game I've played (you should get the Harry Potter games - I don't even watch the HP movies but the games were so much fun) and you won't be disappointed. Can we send a message privately? I don't want to put my gamertag out to everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 4:06:20 AM PDT
Hi: Has your game frozen in story 12 when Robin saves Batman?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 6:47:30 AM PDT
Jason Fox says:
Awesome. Thank you so much for your prompt resonse. I'm hard of hearing and hates that some games/movies don't have subtitles. Can't wait to play with with my son.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 8:23:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 3:43:37 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
When I came to Level 12, it did jam up when they first entered the car (2nd save place) and I had to reboot the XBox but then it continued on. I have the game installed to the XBox hard drive. Did your game continue on after you restarted? Strange that it is happening in the same chapter! Hopefully they'll fix it with an update.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 11:43:33 AM PDT
gRAPE MASTER says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 3:44:36 PM PDT
Jennifer says:
I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm 2 levels away from finishing the game and it's 100% child friendly (as well as adult friendly). Why would you post something like that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 12:35:57 PM PST
Tom Steele says:
Notice his user name? Some folks don't fit in so well with the rest of us, or a teenager who thinks that is funny because their maturity hasn't caught up to the rest of us... Hopefully the latter, a teen who will outgrow it and one day become a useful member of society...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›