66 of 78 people found the following review helpful
Great entry in the series - download through Steam,
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
Another great entry in the Call of Duty series. If you're a fan of the military FPS genre, you won't be disappointed.
This time around the single player game focuses a story told across two cold wars - the 20th century US vs. USSR cold war, and a 21st century cold war with the US vs. China. As is traditional in this series, the story is told as you play multiple characters. And as in the previous Black Ops game, flashbacks are used to move the plot forward. The story takes place in locales across the globe, from the 1980s to 2025. For the first time in a COD game, you are now allowed to choose your weapons before the start of each mission. The main adversary is very well developed this time around, making for a great story. And the decisions you make along the way will affect how the story unfolds. This branching narrative affects the ending of your game and adds to the replay value.
But the multiplayer experience is what many of us buy these games for, and on this front, the standard of this franchise looks to be upheld as well. The graphics are detailed, crisp and smooth (of course your mileage may vary depending on your PC setup - make sure to pay attention to the recommended specs). There are new customization tools available, adding some new RPG elements into the mix. There are new game modes as well. "Hardpoint" pits multiple (more than 2) teams against each other to take command of a randomly changing control point. And "League Play" acts as matchmaker to bring teams of equal skill together. Also, "Zombie Mode" is back.
In case you were wondering how the download process works (for those buying the download version):
1. When you first purchase the game on Amazon, if by chance it prompts you to download it, decline. All you will need from Amazon is the Product Code generated when you purchase the game.
2. I already had an existing Steam account, so if you don't, create one first and download the client software from their site. You will need a Steam account regardless of how you choose to install this product.
3. Go to the "Your Games and Software Library" page of the "My Account" section in your Amazon account.
4. Copy the "Product Code" listed under your game.
5. Open up Steam, and click "Add a Game".
6. Choose "Activate a Product on Steam".
7. You will need to click though a couple of prompts, then will be asked for the Product Code. Paste the code your copied from Amazon in step 4.
8. This game will then be added to your Steam Library, and you can download and play the game.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 9:01:18 AM PST
Amazon Customer says:
did you get the hard copy with the download?
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 9:18:23 AM PST
J. Grant says:
I did not receive a hard copy with my download purchase, if that is what you are asking.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2013 3:32:30 PM PDT
Isael melian says:
how do you get the download code for the 36 bucks ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›