botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Safety Month Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary Edition, June 11, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - PC (Video Game)
I have the legendary edition through Steam. I am 60 years old retired and my Wife has passed.

I have played this game over 1200 hours there are some that are approaching the 5000 hour mark. I have though about buying this game through Amazon just to have the disks. I start over constantly because there are things I have missed and the twist and turns of the story are amazing.

I cannot say enough about this game without reveaing spoilers but I will say it is the finest game I have ever played. The mods add so much so buy the PC version.

Steam can be a problem sometimes so save your game around every 30 minutes. Or it could be mod compatibality which can cause problems.

I would tell you add one mod at a time and see how it works. Also do not forget Nexus a great source of Mods that have no size limit.

If you never buy another game and even with Steam who lacks a phone number to call for support buy this game. You will not be sorry.

Take your time and make you first mod 100 times your carry weight. Or as it is called Picked up a spoon.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2013 1:36:08 PM PDT
yop says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 7:42:15 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 10:13:53 AM PDT
N. Wadel says:
Can you tell me if the Legendary Edition is the full game with add ons? I'm trying to buy it for my son, for the PC and I want the one that is complete. He told me I need to purchase it through steam but I need to buy the discs right? And then the game registers through Steam?
Thanks for any help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 11:55:32 AM PDT
Jimbo says:
The legendary version is the same if you buy it from Amazon or Steam. The game will have to be played through Steam anyway it is the new copy protection. I bought Skyrim from Amazon and all the DLC's from Steam. I talked to Bethasda and they said there is no difference.

If I was going to purchase new I would buy the game from Amazon if I already had a steam account you will save a few dollars and have the disk or CD with the games on it. I have the Skyrim CD but not the others. You will still need a Steam account but that is free I believe.

This game is so massive that some people have played over 5000 hours on it and it is very addictive. It is a world within a world. It is also a game that you might want to consider your son's age as it refers to Sex, has Wine and Mead and some foul language. You could probably play this game forever and not see everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 12:55:36 PM PDT
N. Wadel says:
Thank you so much for your response. My son is 12 and I think the game will be ok for him. He really wants to get it from Steam , I think because he doesn't have to wait to play it! Thanks again

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 10:21:05 PM PDT
Jimbo says:
How you handle your son is your business of course. But there are many mods that have Nudity on them. The game is suggested to be 17+. It is your choice but be aware that someone warned you about the mods that people add to this game.

If you were to get it on the xbox or playstation it would be pure vanilla and would not cause a problem. But the graphics I understand are not so good.

Please know that people have created Mods that simulate sex and show nude females. That is what I meant about referring to sex. You might want to check and see what he has on his game from time to time.

It is not my place to be his parent I am sure you do a great job. But you cannot say someone did not warn you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2013 9:42:45 AM PDT
N. Wadel says:
I had no idea and I so appreciate the information! I will have to talk to my son about this. Thanks again for your help.
Natalie

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 9:37:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 26, 2013 12:47:57 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 11:11:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2013 11:13:02 AM PST
Jimbo says:
You can either get it two ways. Buy the Anthology which is keydisk protected instead of Steam. Or buy the game only. I bought the game from Amazon and it includes all the DLC's and a construction set disk. Your choice if it is crashing because you added mods then the only thing is to remove all mods. Steam does not like them in any case buy it from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 3:24:02 PM PST
Beth Ann says:
no i didn't bother doing mods i just wanted to play it the way it came, thanks for telling me.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›