1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty: Spawn Kill - Playstation 3, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts - PlayStation 3 (Video Game)
I wanted to love this game. I wanted to love it so badly. The last COD game I played a lot was MW2 in college, and I left off gaming for a few years to focus on my career. Coming back to this was rough at first, and I chalked it up to me being a newb and getting owned. I figured after a week or two I'd start getting better.

It's been a month.

In this last month, I've realized some fundamental flaws in the game that keep it from being fun for a gamer like me. First, you get shot in the back a lot. You need to just accept this fact if you want to play COD Ghosts. So, I figured I'd compensate for this by adjusting my strategy to check behind my character a lot; however, you get shot a lot in front then. It's a no-win scenario. Second, the spawn points are absolutely abysmal. No, they really are.... the people on here aren't just venting because they suck. You need to expect to die from spawning in front of a player 1 or 2 times per game minimum. Lastly, you die too quick. I know that they tried to fix the "halo effect" that people complained about. I know that they tried to make it more "realistic" in this game by making you die quicker. However, the net effect is that you now get shot in the back routinely with little or no way for you to respond before you die.

Please, learn from my mistake. Save your money, and go buy another game. Heck, if you hate BF4, then just wait out this round of shooters. Please, just don't buy this game. Because the 26-year-old graduate student who never, ever leaves reviews is warning you - STAY AWAY!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2014 12:06:18 AM PST
Tee Hughes3 says:
thanks. I didn't... and I REALLY mean that too cause I was seriously thinking about buying it as a gift... come to find out it's only worse than the 2nd. and the person I was getting it for "my brother" only plays it (Black Ops2) for zombies anyway/: <<that said I had more reasons NOT to buy it than the other*** and thank you for adding to that reason. I mean I already had my mind made up but this just makes me feel even better for (again) NOT buying it... and believe me. I even thought to myself (at times) if I should've got it... and this review made me SOO glad that I didn't... hah ha. cause I seriously doubted myself there for a second! only to find out it was the right choice. thanks for the review**** you're doing huge favors by putting this out there. if there's anything "I hate" is a waste of money/: good job saving people's wallets. cause you saved mine! hah ha #thanks again!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 11:52:41 AM PST
Your loss. I LOVED MW2, and this is the first COD that I've loved since that one. The maps are varied. The guns are varied. The perks are varied. You can play each map multiple ways.

Yeah, sometimes you get killed 1 second after you spawn, big deal. Some maps are just chaos, and people are running around. Love this game.

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 7:35:25 AM PST
Ben says:
This is a terrible review.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2014 2:23:59 PM PST
Tee Hughes3 says:
yeah from my standpoint it was hate it or love it and that might come back to haunt me later this year* but shoot... bungee's getting ready to release destiny anyway so, who's to say that wouldn't have been better? IDK. could've gone either way/: but I wound up going with crysis2 for the gift. which was believed to have some the best graphics on console ever made. which wasn't hard to believe after I saw it. those were some damn good graphics! but cha. I wasn't trying to give ghosts a bad wrap. I jus wasn't sure cause of all the bad reviews it was getting. I checked IGN and what they had to say was quite different. them along with a few other gaming networks gave it a scorching 9 n' half point 6 out of 10 stars. which essentially (I must admit) had me taken back by what I said about the game. cause it damn sure didn't appear that way to everyone. rest assured!

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 5:44:14 AM PDT
Dan says:
The spawns were bad at first but they seem better now with patches. It is a fair statement to say that you die faster but I believe that is for a balance issue. Shot guns and snipers have mainly been one hit kills so you don't die any faster with those from any other cod. Dying faster just tones down the shot guns and quick scoping so there is also a good side to that.

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 9:07:11 PM PDT
JC says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2014 9:09:47 PM PDT
JC says:
same here. I haven't liked a call of duty game online since mw2. haven't played this one yet but loved the single player and everything this guy is complaining about sounds better to me. can't wait to try it out.

Posted on Jun 16, 2014 5:14:29 PM PDT
Josh says:
that's online gameplay. you can either play offline with the computer which is much easier or just play campaign mode.

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 10:25:23 AM PDT
hugoeels says:
COD has had some of the worst spawn mechanics for YEARS.
flanking is just impossible due to people spawning on your player.

i prefer Bf4 , but understand why some people prefer cod. not for me tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2014 10:25:54 AM PDT
hugoeels says:
lol, nobody buys this game to play offline with bots.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (1,725 customer reviews)

$29.99 $8.95