Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY SUPERB, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15126CXW 15.5-Inch Laptop (White) (Personal Computers)
There is soooo much I can say about this laptop.

Let's see where to start...

1. Arrived on time straight from Amazon in the Sony Vaio Box.
2. Packaged really securely, nothing difficult.
3. Very beautiful. Much prettier in person :-)
4. It's not heavy, but it's not light either lol.
5. I was a bit terrified of learning how to use Windows 8, but luckily there is a "Desktop" tab on the homepage that will take you back to the Windows 7 set up, for those who are afraid of Windows 8 like I am!
6. The "Left" and "Right" click buttons that are usually on the touchpad are not visible but they are there. You just have to press the left and right sides of the pad and you'll feel them.
7. Isolated keyboard is nice because the keys are soft almost as if they're padded. They're not hard, make your fingers feel like they're touching soft rubber or something similar (I can't find the right material to compare the keys to lol)Also, the keyboard lights up automatically when a key is touched. This feature can obviously be turned off and on by the user.
8. There is a whole set up with user names and passwords and color customization when you first turn the computer on. It takes about 10-15 mins.
9. My battery went up to about 4 hours and 4 minutes at only 75% I think it was....so when I fully charge it I'll see if it goes up even higher.
10. I've literally only had it for 13 hours so far haha! And I'm IN LOVE!!!
11. OHHH HOW COULD I FORGET? SONY made me proud of them for this one: SPEAKERS are TREMENDOUSLY L-O-U-D!!!! you could host a party with using just the speakers haha! Went on youtube while the television was on and it blasted out the tv! So, if you can find a GOOOOOOOD quality external speaker, you'll never need headphones again (only if used to not disturb others)
12. Gosh...I think that's all that needs to be said now.....the layout is one that users have to get used to....luckily my curiosity allowed me to click "desktop" and I was back to the Windows 7 that I know and love lol (so no mental breakdowns for me lol)But I do like how you can switch between both Windows with the click of one button. The button with the 4 squares next to the left Alt button. I think it's called the "Windows" button lol. (duh)
13. But yeah....I HIGHLY recommend this laptop to any and everyone. I have had my SONY dvd player for over 2 years and my hp laptop was tripping out a year after I had it, and finally just STOPPED working after 3 yrs, so I said, "Hey, if my dvd player is to little, but carries such a loud sound and has such good quality, I'm gonna save some money and buy myself a new SONY laptop"...and SONY you did NOT disappoint! 5 stars :-)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2012 6:51:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 6:51:34 AM PST
2PB says:
Hi, Re your purchase of Sony VAIO E15 Series SVE15126CXW 15.5-Inch Laptop (White) (Personal Computers)
Thank you for your informative review! I am interested in this laptop - my biggest reservation is the 2.75 hr battery life. You expressed a different experience. I currently have an older HP that needs to be plugged in all the time. VERY frustrating. I looked into purchasing a Sony Large Capacity Battery - but the reviews were very (on the Sony website) poor due to it adds weight and bulk and does not give the +1.5 hr as described. I would really appreciate any additional update you have on this model. Thank you again for a great review.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 12:47:02 PM PST
Nasia Rená says:
Hi! Thank you so much :-) I DO have a huge update! Four days after I purchased this, it froze and I shut it down with the "power button". When I rebooted it, a black screen appeared saying "Operating System Found". So, I had to return it and I'm now using a replacement that Amazon sent me. FOUR DAYS!!! I guess it was a faulty one or a prototype or something! However....both laptops came straight from the Sony factory (new), but the first laptop's battery lasted all the way to 6.5 hours, but this replacement's battery only lasts up to 3.5, so, I donno if that's any consolation. Other than that it's still a neat laptop. I've only had this one for 6 days now so I'll continue updating! But, I still recommend this laptop to any and everyone :) Don't be discouraged! Neat price for all the features it offers :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 1:55:40 PM PST
2PB says:
Thanks! But wow, I am sorry that happened to you! Does speak well for Amazon. I have been cruising around Amazon and came across an Asus S400. Its an Ultrabook which I thought I did not want until I read the spec and the reviews and checked it out with my computer guru. This baby has a Touch Screen! I use an Asus Tablet so this is just more gravy. I will have to purchase an external DVD drive - but they are no larger than a slice of bread! It also has an awesome battery life and is a mere $84 dollars more. Havent ordered it yet - but I am thinking! Again, thank you for providing great review information! It is a welcome relief to see specific details.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 2:01:46 PM PST
Nasia Rená says:
I know right? So unfortunate haha! Thank you though! You're very welcome! I was so happy that I had the opportunity to write a review and in such detail! I'm sooooo glad it's helped you and others too! I was always afraid of Asus and Acer and Dell because they've always seemed sort of....faulty to me. I highly recommend Toshiba's though...they're the frickin BOMB when it comes to durability. Kinda like "nokia" cellphones that never stop working no matter how many times you drop it or break it haha. But I'm obsessed with Sony because I own a dvd player by them and it's off the hook so I was like, "If my DVD player is this good...imagine a laptop!"

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:32:04 PM PST
Chamila says:
Hi Nasia,
Hey I brought same laptop. But still I have a difficult how I shift from windows 8 to windows 7 home premium. Can you please help me go back windows 7 ?.I try to follow your advice just by clicking "windows" button. But only another screen appear and don't know how can I follow beyond that. Even I have little difficult to find control panel. Hate this windows 8.
chamila

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 3:16:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 3:20:22 PM PST
i cant find how to get into windows7,i also tried to do as Nasia said ,but no luck,please help us that would rather use windows 7 than windows8

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:24:05 PM PST
Nasia Rená says:
Hello Paula! On the "home" screen, the Windows 8 screen, there is an app or icon in the lower-left corner, it's blue, which reads "desktop". click that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:50:33 PM PST
sorry honey i did that and nothing,maybe this isn"t on there.i sure wish i could figure this out,i have been trying for hours

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:42:26 PM PST
Nasia Rená says:
Umm... I should record a video and send it to you... does Amazon allow that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:56:55 PM PST
i dont know but that would be awesome,you are trying to help,,,let me know what to do.thanks
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›