5.0 out of 5 stars the most comfortable work shoe I have ever had, March 21, 2008
This review is from: Crocs Bistro Clog (Shoes)
After wearing a pair for one week I cannot go back to any other work shoe. Slip resistant, water resistant. bacteria and odor resistant. These are the most comfortable footwear for high volume kitchen work. I will never use any other shoe.

New development: So come to find out that Crocs are not good for people with back problems as it worsens the problem. So if you have back problems like I do. Do Not get these.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2008 8:31:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2008 8:32:05 PM PDT
Kel says:
I totally agree, Ive been dancing in puddles at work to prove to the other chefs that theses shoes are slip-resistant.

Posted on May 17, 2011 12:54:05 AM PDT
Hmm. Your opinion about crocs and back problems is a bit over-generalized, I think. What is it about the Crocs and your particular back problem that makes crocs not work for you? To be more helpful, it might be good if you stated what kind of back problem you had, and what kind of features in a shoe are good or bad for you. Just a thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 3:05:17 PM PDT
R. Brown says:
From my experiences from work shoes and back problems, i would say it always comes down to the sole of the shoe and the amount of cushion in it. It depends on how bad the back problems are. For instance, on these shoes the bottom is very soft and flat which not provide much support for backs. Shoes with an arch may also give problems because they'll make you walk on heels. back problems suck, i guess i'll see how these are, as they are 6th work shoe i buy in 3 years for a restaurant.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 12:36:07 PM PST
totally agree

Posted on Sep 4, 2013 12:55:56 PM PDT
Well, as a retired Thoroughbred jockey, who has sustained a broken back, broken neck, brain stem injury, brain trauma, a broken tibia, a shattered ankle, many torn ligaments in the left leg, 3.5 cm OCD, damage to the sacroiliac region and the muscles that support the pelvic area, etc., etc., etc., I can honestly attest to being a person who MUST have major support in her shoes to avoid grizzly body pain. That said, I just today reordered the Bistro. I've been wearing my first pair for over a year now, and will continue using them until my new ones arrive. While the sole pad on one of my shoes did begin to come unglued after a few months usage, I bought some Gorilla glue, and have had no further problems since.

I also sleep on a commercial airbed, and do not allow my spine to be compressed any more than possible, be it while sleeping, bending to pick something up, or otherwise. My neck has had a 2 disc anterior discectomy fusion, and my spinal column had to be in traction, per the VAX-D program, for a solid month to decompress the vertebrae from touching my spinal cord and causing partial paralysis. My story is on YouTube, as SantaFeSandy, in 3 videos I made while still in recovery.

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 12:10:36 AM PST
K.J. Dogluv says:
Who said that Crocs are not good for people with back problems? Most shoes are not necessarily good or bad for back problems, it has to do with whether you wear a good insole like Superfeet, or not. I wear super feet in my dress shoes, in my Chuck Taylors, and yes you can wear them in Crocs as well. Superfeet are just about the best insole there is and they make them for all shoes, including clogs, high heels, cowboy boots, you name it. I wore my bistro clogs in a kitchen for a year, and they are truly non-slip even on grease, comfortable for hours of wear with or without superfeet insoles (for me at least), a little hot as they don't breathe great in the forefoot area but hey you can slip them off on your break. I have never had a problem with the bottoms coming apart as some have said, and I've had my crocs for several years now. I wear them dog walking around the block in the rain or gardening, to go get the mail, etc. They are too ugly to wear out in public really, unless for working in a kitchen or healthcare (I'm also a medical assistant but not working that job right now). So if one has back problems, just get a good insole (btw Superfeet insoles mold to your feet and last for many years, I have two pair and they are at least five years old) stand up straight and bend correctly, and get some acupuncture if you can, it helps a lot! I have had back, knee and myriad other problems and injuries over the last 30 years and crocs are frankly one of the most comfortable shoes I've had, including their casual Santa Cruz slip on, but those soles wear out really fast.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (734 customer reviews)

$39.99 $36.26