3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent until it disappears..., December 17, 2005
This review is from: Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer (Health and Beauty)
This pedometer is easily a five star pedometer. It was easy to use, easy to set and read, and for the brief time I had it I thought it was the best pedometer I have owned.

Unfortunately, after 4 days it disappeared from my belt. The clip is completely unsatisfactory, and if you keep it on a belt you will loose it.

If you plan to carry it anywhere else, it would probably be worth buying, but do not count on the clip to secure it to your person.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2009 6:53:57 PM PST
A. Arnold says:
This is absolutely true - I "lost" mine as well, only to find it on the seat in my car. I really just carry it in my pocket and clip it on my shorts only when I'm working out. It's a great pedometer but I kinda wish I hadn't bought it only because I haven't used it much... yet!

Posted on Feb 17, 2010 10:00:22 AM PST
Right on! The device works great but the clip/holster is really useless. It has fallen off my belt at least a half dozen times. If you do any bending, stooping, ect. it's gone.

Posted on May 24, 2010 10:57:49 AM PDT
Grrr. I also lost my pedometer AGAIN! I was mowing 3 acres and it's somewhere in the grass!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2010 8:18:55 AM PDT
NJ says:
Loop it around your belt. if it falls off you will not lose it. I have had mine for 2 years now. I just ordered another one since mine stopped working.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2010 8:58:28 AM PDT
Every pedometer I have owned was never accurate is this one? With other pedometers I would walk 10 steps and it would say 40-60, or 6-8 never correct number of steps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2011 10:04:03 PM PDT
Gary Denton says:
Read other highly rated posts. This is supposedly the most accurate. Consumer Reports recommends this.

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 6:50:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2011 6:55:55 AM PDT
I would agree that yes, it does fall off, but that's why it comes with a little bit of "rope" attachment with a clip on the end. It is threaded through the pedometer, while the other end is the plastic clip. Put it in the plastic holder, then attach the clip to a pocket or your waistband. If it falls out of the clip, it just swings on the attached rope and you don't lose it. You need to use the plastic holder AND the clip together.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 10:36:31 AM PDT
I have had three other pedometers, either they were hard to set or not accurate. I love this pedometer. Easy to set and I have counted my steps and checked the pedometer and usually right on, if not it's only one step off. This may be how it registered when I stopped walking. It also shows aerobic steps, miles, & kcal. As far as falling off, I use the rope and clip and put the pedometer in my pocke. If no pockets the I use the plastic holder and clip together. I have never lost it.

Posted on Jun 30, 2011 12:40:43 PM PDT
mad shopper says:
No surprise... all the pedometers I've ever had fell off numerous time from my waistband. I just lost one yesterday which is why I am here looking for a new one. I need a pedometer that I can put in a pocket of my shorts or attached to my bag. I don't wear belts. Ordering this pedometer NOW.

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 10:47:01 AM PDT
Zip says:
I too am greatly dissatisfied with the clip! The clip also makes it bulky.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (5,706 customer reviews)
 (3,962)