Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Now Deal of the Day

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Coherence & Flow, November 19, 2013
This review is from: Hero (The Secret) (Hardcover)
This is the very first time I'm leaving a two-star rating for a book I purchased / read. (I purchased a hard copy from a local bookstore). I give it a low rating for a simple reason - a total lack of coherence and flow. This book seeks to build on the pattern established by 'The Secret', where disparate quotations from varied sources were presented, with brief explanatory bits in between. It worked in 'The Secret', mainly because there was a clear focus that ran through everything like a string thread holding it all together. But here it's a jumbled mess!

Also, this book seems to put the emphasis on hardwork, determination, etc and jeers at an easy, relaxed, predominantly mind-based approach, which is what was highlighted in, you guessed it, Rhonda's own 'The Secret' and subsequently in her 'The Power'. Why this contradiction, Rhonda?

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2013 9:47:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2013 9:48:59 AM PST
Me says:
I agree with you on your comment about sneering at the mind-based approach and the "hard work" mentality. The fact is whenever I tried too hard nothing worked, and when I use that "magic" I've seen things work and miracles flow in things both big and small, so many times that I began writing these astounding occurences in a notebook to remind me that there is a force at work that does it all better, more easily, and with astounding elegance and brilliance... certainly it does it better than I ever could! Then again, remember this: for those people who believe that it's all about hard work, that WILL be their reality! We create our own realities with our belief systems. I could cite so many unlikely and seemingly impossible things that worked with ease and smoothness when I used Rhonda's own approach of imagining, feeling good, and letting go of trying at all! Things I'd tried to make happen for YEARS that never worked! And things that should have cost me THOUSANDS of dollars I didn't have... and these things were done beautifully for mere hundreds, in a happy way! I bought my home, I installed a bathroom, I got my car, I met my soul mate, I got an office for my private practice... etc, soooo many things, also smaller things. Things I simply couldn't make happen, despite all my brains, hard work, smarty-pants schemes and logic! Ha! So I will do as we used to say in my former job I had years ago, when I worked a critical, high-pressure job in a hospital... which I did with grace, reliability, efficiency, and ease... because as we always said... "WE WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!" Don't buy the toil and strife gambit. If it feels awful and you hate doing it... then you're going about it a wrong way. There's always a beautiful solution if you allow it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013 3:07:51 PM PST
Bibliophile says:
Oh thank you for the confirmation! And your beautiful story! I have to tell you that I read this book from cover to cover as soon as I received it. But I was let down by all this talk about determination and hard work and effort and this tendency to imply that it is good only if you have "earned it". Nothing wrong with all that. But it is obviously NOT the approach presented in 'The Secret'.

As Abraham-Hicks would say, the world builds monuments only for those who are ready to share their stories of toil and strife and suffering. Almost nobody asks if there is an easier, softer, fluid-like-water way of manifesting and creating, emulating nature that grows flowers and crops silently, peacefully and with no striving and effort. The way of the Tao, as they say in the East.

Thank you again.

Posted on Nov 19, 2013 9:33:56 PM PST
After reading the negative reviews above, I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon of this book. Then, later, the same day, I happen to be in a Target store where I had a chance to physically handle the actual book, peruse the way it is organized, and read many pages of it. Turns out the negative reviews are justified! Imagine that! The people that Ronda has chosen to quote..... all seem dull, lifless, boring and unexciting, and the 'wisdom' they spout are akin to hackneyed, even plagerized, chestnuts, which, while true, we all have heard a million times before.
I am glad I cancelled my order now. Don't waste your time and money. Don't be
fooled or mis-led by a book with no heart, and no spirit.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 6:01:42 AM PST
Me says:
You're most welcome. I can cite so many absolutely astounding occurences that happened to me, and there is absolutely no doubt that they are not coincidences. I'm not naive, I don't believe everything I hear, and I'm capable of sniffing out BS a mile away. The truth is, I find Rhonda's style a bit annoying and don't really like hearing her voice on the Secret audiobook. I feel as if she has a rather extremist point of view as well, BUT the basic principles absolutely work, so I pay attention. I'm not a Rhonda fan per say. But if something WORKS, I do it. I think a lot of the big names in the LOA field are afraid to really stick by the notion that you can actually THINK or FEEL something into being without strife because there is the old-school notion that you must WORK HARD to earn things. Right, that's Newtonian cause-and-effect. Go read the Secret stories posted. Read about the many people for whom, after strife and doubt, they stopped, and used the principles in the Secret, then success popped up in unlikely ways out of nowhere. Think you always have to pound the pavement to find a job? Really well often that gets you the WRONG job. Or NO job, even when you're super qualified and awesome! Try using your mind. A job can fall in your lap out of nowhere. Been there, done that, and seen it done, too! Strange and wonderful things happen when you work with the brilliant universal forces and your mind and heart (which is part and parcel of said brilliant universal forces). Be negative and things become awful, all sorts of things go wrong, and healthwise, stress, anger and spite are detrimental to health. Be joyous and thankful and goodness really does rally around you, things fall in your lap. Life becomes beautiful. Don't struggle and strive or you attract struggle and strife. If you believe you must struggle to achieve you'll only achieve after a long and arduous struggle. Yuck. Magic is there for us all, and people have used it for thousands of years, prior to the Newtonian age. Use it (:

Posted on Nov 20, 2013 7:19:31 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 24, 2013 10:40:59 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 3:04:56 PM PST
Bibliophile says:
I totally agree with what you said abt many big names in the LOA field being scared to stick to the notion that you can create just in your mind. They seem to succumb to the pressure to please some old-fashioned schools that stress toil and strife. The result is that they water down their teachings and say things that are all over the place.

As far as I have seen, and I have read / listened to most of the teachers, both old and new, I think only three of them actually present a really strong, undiluted view of the true power of mind and they are Abraham-Hicks, Neville Goddard and Pramod Uday. Personally I love all three of them and I love how they have such different styles and yet say basically the same things. None of this trio are scared to stick to the notion that we can actually create using just our minds and then use our bodies to enjoy what we have created mentally / vibrationally! That's what I call clarity!

Im so glad to read confirmation from your posts. I must say I love how you put it all. It such a pleasure to meet a kindred soul!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2013 4:55:27 PM PST
Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2013 7:10:10 AM PST
DANDT says:
Great post! thanks for your insightful thoughts and for backing them up with your own experiences. Comments like these really add great value to the reviews!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2013 5:50:16 AM PST
Bernie says:
Thanks so very much for the great insight. I too find Rhonda's approach annoying at times, but I certainly agree that magic is available to all of us when we choose to invite it in. Rhonda has opened up wonderful opportunities for many with the teachings of the Secret; but for some of us its not easy to believe we deserve all that life has to offer and so very much more. I am still learning to harness my own power and open up that fabulous world I know I deserve.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2013 2:22:52 AM PST
Thank you! This is so true I totally agree with everyones reply on this review.
I got the Audio version of this book and I did read all the reviews before but I wanted to find out for myself. I did find a few nuggets but I got a refund in the end because it was very repetitive to say the least.

The good thing to keep in mind for those who still want to buy this book is that if you buy the audio book you can get a refund from Audible.com within 12 months of purchase if you do not like the book for whatever reason. e.g you didn't like the voice, content, whatever.

Now I will go back to my allowing effortless manifesting as it's so much more fun.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›