The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy!, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Linksys N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Linksys Connect Including Parental Controls & Advanced Settings (E1200) (Personal Computers)
The router worked fine for three months and then died. I contact "Support" and was told that while the product warranty was for one year, support was limited to 90 days. To obtain an RMA to return the router, I would need to buy a support ticket for $29.95. I'm sure there would be a long, involved method for returning the defective router without the support fee, but seriously, who wants to deal with a company that has such poor regards for their customers?

Just avoid this company and product.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Oct 18, 2011 9:58:57 AM PDT
I will have our support team reach out to you directly, but to do so we need your case number. Would you provide that in these comments and we will contact you? Thank you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
A comment by the manufacturer   (What's this?)
Initial post: Oct 18, 2011 9:58:57 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 9:44:54 AM PST
It is good to see that you look into bad reviews as I had a similar issue and experience with tech support. I work in IT so I'm not an average person when it comes to setting this up and in the end I was unable to get my router working after it was flawless for a few months.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 10:06:28 AM PST
If I have to pay extra to obtain RMA while the unit is still under warrenty, such warrenty means nothing. This is unacceptable scam. I cannot believe Linsys or Cisco is running such scam. Shame on Linksys!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 3:36:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2012 3:37:06 PM PST
Yes that is the case. To there credit they did send me a follow up call and email. But the frustration from my experience I have not tried the router again. This router is at a vacation home and I'm only there on occasion on the weekend...this experience wasted a day of my vacation and I'm not anxious to try it again to go through the same experience. I tried everything at the time and really just wanted a replacement since it was under warranty and putting 6 hours into fixing something is more then enough time to justify a replacement. Fixing my computer with their paid services is not a solution to a already locked down computer that can't be changed (I work in a regulated environment). At home I use an Airport extreme and have never had an issue with over 3 years of use. I have had issues with my iphone and ipad under warranty and they were quickly replaced with little fuss. These are much more expensive items and much less of a headache to get satisfaction for a warranty item. I will either try to deal with this again when I'm there or just get a more expensive Apple router knowing that I'll have warranty support with out having to pay for it. Linksys, its just hard for me to recommend this product when I was given such a hard time on the phone and wouldn't even consider it was a bad router without paying for a service when the computers (3 laptops - Mac, HP, Lenovo, 2 ipads and 2 iphones were all having this issue with the router) I'm in IT and not the average user! Sorry for he tangent but I'm still upset about a router I can't use and Linksys refuses to replace!

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 12:09:50 AM PDT
I have the same router, I need help to install this router, even I still has warranty, they charge me about 30 bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:25:29 AM PDT
Brook607 says:
Wow, that is crazy! I need a router, and I'm sure as hell not buying from this company.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 5:23:40 PM PDT
kellyschic says:
They all do this! I hate it! I have a netgear that has never worked properly, everytime I want to "connect", I have to call...now I have to buy info on a product that never worked to begin with! No way, its a joke..my kids cannot use their games, my phone wont connect and my laptop is all that will work however; its currently sick with a blue screen so "who said technology was convenient"?//I HATE IT ALL.
i am sick of not being able to operate my very expensive tech toys so it drove me to this site to hopefully find a router company who didnt treat their customers like saps, but it looks like its within all of them

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 3:35:32 AM PDT
I ended up purchasing an apple router and couldn't be happier. Easy set up and when ever I have an issue with an apple product I just bring it to the store. They just came out with a new airport express for $99 that should meet your needs. Also note some issues do come from the cable line not having a strong signel. Good luck and no more Linksys for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›