Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FERRARI OF VACUUMS! Bright Red, Really Handles On the Corners!, August 29, 2005
This review is from: Hoover Flair Bagless Upright Stick Vacuum with Power Nozzle, S2220 (Kitchen)
My wonderful hubby got this for me last xmas. Of course, I "helped" him pick it out after much research.

I actually have a full sized shop-vac that I use inside for cleaning every couple of days because we have 2 cats, a dog and a very messy husband and son. Our dog likes to carry her food around the house...don't ask me why. My husband gardens...I'm surprised there's any dirt left in the yard with as much as he tracks in! I use a triple filter on it, works great. I throw the attachments in the dishwasher after I use them and they're sparkling clean and sanitized.

But in between the shop-vac cleanings I use my sports car...uuuhhh...I mean vacuum. It is awesome on bare floors as well as my polypropylene rug. I don't have any carpet in the house, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be awesome on that as well.

This thing is soooooo cute that I keep it in the dining/family room! I love it! You just turn the handle right or left and it turns for you. It's really light and is low profile so it fits under my cabinets.

There are two "speeds". Suction alone, and suction + beater bar. In fact, it has such suction that I can't vacuum smaller rugs such as the one in the bathroom (22" x 60") because the vacuum sucks them up when the beater bar is on.

It has a totally cool filtration system. I'm allergic to dust and I haven't had any sort of a problem while using it. When it gets full, you empty out the dirt cup and you're on your way. If you don't empty the cup when you should, the vacuum loses all suction to prevent overheating, which is a great feature.

Ok, just a couple of negative points. I had to take it apart once (we're talking like 1 screw) to unclog it. That was my booboo because I let it get overstuffed.

Another things is that it has a sort of burning rubber smell. It doesn't bother me but I sprinkled a bit of those carpet granules on the rug, vacuumed it up and it smells gorgeous now.

No, I don't work for Hoover. No, I'm not getting commission for this review. We didn't even buy it on Amazon. This is the only review I've written so far, and that really says something!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2010 9:14:38 PM PDT
S. Weaver says:
the fact that you've never written a single review, didn't buy it on Amazon, and swear up and down that you are objective, only casts doubt as to your objectivity. I regularly check a user's other reviews and take note of "verified purchases". Because, dear consumers, you know slimeballs ARE trying to game Amazon's system. Caveat Emptor and happy shopping!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2010 3:55:30 PM PDT
Elixa says:
I just got the vac after rave reviews from my neighbor, and love it for wood and carpet also. It's also less frightening for the critters. So cast doubt upon me too, I think I've made few reviews.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›