5.0 out of 5 stars 4.6 Stars: Great kettle with one caveat, January 23, 2009
This review is from: Aroma Hot H20 X-Press 1.5 Liter (6-Cup) Cordless Electric Water Kettle, Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
[Originally review January 2009 (3 stars), Updated July 2010]
We bought one of these for our home and liked it so much I got another for my office. It is a quick safe way to boil water. It works much better than our teapot on our conventional stove and you can leave the room without worry about all the water boiling out and a possible fire.
It is so efficient that we often use it to heat up water before putting it in a pan on the stove. It is much faster. When we are making pasta we will put a small amount of water in a large pan and fill the teapot. The water in the pot is boiling before the water on the stove. The pot is light, even when full, and has no aftertaste like I have read some of the plastic ones do.
HOWEVER, we had owned our home pot for less than six months when the 'on' switch broke off. The pot was still usable, but you have to reach in and activate it with a fingernail. It was under limited warranty, but that involved mailing it to San Diego at our own cost and sending them a check for $8 to have it returned. Including the time and materials to package it up and then drive to the post office and have it gone for 2-4 weeks wasn't worth the effort.
I have concluded we just got a lemon. Because this happened and the warranty policy was so cumbersome, I originally gave this 3 stars. But our other one is working fine and the broken piece has turned out to be a small inconvenience, so I have revised my rating to 4.6, rounding up to 5.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 14 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2009 4:35:31 PM PDT
G. Kline says:
One other thing worth noting -- when not in use, it is recommended to unplug it. Isn't that quite an inconvenience? I wouldn't buy it for this reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2009 3:32:00 PM PST
Logical says:
Why would you want to leave it plugged in when not in use ?
Do you leave your iron plugged in ? don't answer because your fire insurance may go up :)
Don't you have other appliances that could use the wall receptical?
You must be from the generation of people that fall down an uncovered man hole with the cover off while texting :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2010 7:58:56 PM PST
Hypoxy says:
Yes, "Logical" to the contrary notwithstanding; it is quite an inconvenience to have to unplug after every use. Esp. if your outlet, as mine, is behind a heavy countertop oven. But I notice that lots of appliances now say this and I think it's just another CYA and I use my own judgment.

Posted on May 16, 2010 10:18:18 PM PDT
I really do not understand why some people are uspet that they will need to pay shipping back to the mfg. Thinking about the situation I see both sides of the argument. A product broke and the consumer feels that they should not have to pay to ship it back to the mfg for repair or replacment. However if the mfg. "ate" the cost for repair shipment, then the cost of the product would go up. The mfg. wants to have good prices with the right amount of margin. Think about costco, their warranty for most products are lifetime (for electronics 6 months for return/refund 2 years for replacment). They charge customers for membership fees, and their prices are very unimpressive for anything but bulk food items that you end up throwing most of it away unless you are an employer or have a large family.

My point is if you wanted an mfg. that replaced your product no questions asked and paid for all return/exchanges you are going to be paying for that sevice one way or another.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2010 3:52:47 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 1, 2015 12:09:43 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2010 9:29:39 PM PDT
Jeez, go breathe into a paper bag or something.....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010 9:10:09 PM PDT
eec says:
I love this, you made me smile!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2010 8:44:47 PM PDT
C. Rogers says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2010 7:47:40 PM PDT
Jodip8 says:
I was advised by a fireman that any electric appliance that has a heating unit in it should be unplugged when not in use. This includes toasters, hair dryers and air fresheners! They are cheap and malfunction regularly. Don't become a statistic. Unplugging and replugging takes seconds to do, but are nothing compared to a lifetime of regret if a fire results from not unplugging!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 4:39:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2010 4:41:27 AM PDT
Edward Scott says:
Return shipping costs bothered me until I realized that even returning things myself to Walmart requires me to pay the gas both ways. I'm rural, so in my case that's a 120 mile round trip.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›