5.0 out of 5 stars jBuds are Ear Buddies, December 7, 2008
This review is from: JBuds J2 Premium Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating Earbuds Style Headphones (Black/Chrome Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
These were my fourth pair of earbuds and the most impressive I've owned. The wiring and connections are solid and reinforced. I've replaced earbuds when the wiring breaks or the sound volume becomes unequal.

I'm hard on earbuds. My workday starts late in the morning and lasts until late in the evening. I need to still be asleep when the gardeners come with their leaf blowers and weed whackers. Earbuds serve a dual purpose: they keep sound out and give me pleasant sounds to sleep by. Being a bit of an insomniac, my MP3 player helps me to fall asleep each night as well. This is tough on earphones.

I'm impressed with the construction of these buds. Stress points are well reinforced and unlikely to fail. But ruggedness isn't the primary reason for buying phones ... sound quality is.

These are second to none when it comes to sound quality. Bass is solid with no distortion. The midrange and highs are crisp and clear. I've listened to everything from hip-hop to classical and they have provided a superior listening experience.

The worst feature of these phones is that they have a straight plug into the media player instead of an angled plug. This makes it easier to accidently unplug the phones. At worst, a minor drawback. Also, the barrel of the buds is a bid longer than others. At first I thought this would be a problem with lying on a pillow, but it hasn't disturbed me at all.

These utterly dominate all the other earbuds I've owned, both in terms of construction quality and in terms of sound. Buy a pair with confidence - you can't go wrong.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 24, 2009 4:09:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2009 4:11:53 AM PDT
MustangGT500 says:
you must have gotten one of the 100 good units they made. unfortunately, i got one of the 10,000 defective ones.
from now on, I will check the 1 star / bad feedback first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2009 6:07:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2009 6:21:11 PM PDT
There is a simple way to know if your claim of inadequacy is correct, but Amazon has failed miserably by omitting the frequency response of these buds. My benchmark is the apple ear bud which has a frequency of response of 5Hz to 21kHz. I actually find the sound of the Ipod bud s adequate and if they produced a noise canceling style I would probably use them.
I went to the JLab site and discovered the frequency response of these buds are 20Hz-20kHz, considered to be the high and low thresholds of human hearing. It is thought however that the brain can still perceive higher frequencies and that perception affects your experience. They hit the highs as well as any earbud. I would want a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 1:06:26 PM PDT
S. Liao says:
Can't agree with you anymore. That's what I want to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2009 11:24:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2009 11:24:57 AM PST
eee says:
RA Eckert: What? are you superhuman that you can discern anything even approaching 20,000Hz? what blather. every generation has the same silly arguments.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2009 12:08:17 PM PST
Elderbear says:
I am now on my second pair of these excellent phones. My first pair were stolen. I'm delighted to find that these phones have a less stiff insulation, and they retain the ear pieces better than the ones I purchased over a year ago.

Doing the odds, I should have bought a lotto scratcher instead. Randomly drawing two units from a mix of 100 good units out of a total of 10000 units and having them both be good is just a tad over 1:10,000. Either I'm extremely lucky or your statistics are lacking.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2009 7:32:05 AM PST
TianZi says:
What month/year did you buy them? . I bought 2 of them in September and both turned out to be terrible in terms of sound quality, even though I've read several good reviews from reputable sources for these.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2009 9:50:15 AM PST
Elderbear says:
I got my first pair - the one I reviewed - in 11/08. My current pair was purchased in 10/09. I have a pair of J3s on order.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 2:34:09 AM PST
D. Finch says:
Has anyone tried them in a full face motorcycle helmet? Comfort? Able to suppress typical motorcycle helmet noise? Rugged enough to blow in the breeze and stay in the ear?

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 7:58:56 AM PST
Elderbear says:
I would think that these would be fine with a full face helmet. I have no trouble with them slipping out of my ears (unless I snag the cable). I think that in order to cause discomfort with these phones, the helmet would have to be so tight that it would hurt your ears anyhow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2010 12:05:06 PM PST
D. Finch says:
Mr. Bear,

I wear a Schuberth Concept helmet that fits correctly meaning it doesn't wiggle much when strapped on. However, the foam shock absorbing liner that helmets use to reduce force during an impact can be reformed to accommodate wires and other small protrusions. In fact, some helmet brands come with extra ear clearance to accommodate small speakers. Speakers produce a lot of undesirable noise, are bulky, must be installed in the helmet and are generally unacceptable. Also, earbuds can be used in or out of a M/C helmet eliminating installation. I was hoping that someone would have some experience with this application....guess not. Thank you for your reply however.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›