5.0 out of 5 stars It's so easy to use - less than a minute to pair to your phone!, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Jabra CRUISER 2 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 6:17 Mins

In this video, I show you how I paired the speakerphone with my LG Xenon phone.

I also demonstrate the FM compatibility, the ability to play Youtube music, the ease of making a call, and the little extras that come with this device.

Enjoy!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2010 8:32:35 PM PST
Flaherty says:
Great job on the review.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 12:17:23 PM PST
Great review. Thanks! I am interested in this, but I have little experience with Bluetooth devices, and the last time I used one was a couple of years ago and I always seemed to have trouble keeping devices connected. That is, I would get it all to work with my phone then when I came back to use it again hours or days later, it never seemed to just connect. Sometimes I would have to reconnect myself or play with various settings and switches. It was more annoying than anything. So, my question(s):

1) Three days later when I get back into my car, what exactly will happen? What will I need to do? Will it just "see" my phone and work, or will I have to press certain buttons, or what?

2) Also, am I right in assuming that I can pair multiple devices to this? For instance, can I have both my phone and my wife's phone paired to this device at the same time (not used at the same time, but ABLE to be used, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again and thanks for your time. Great War Games reference. Time to dig that one out again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 4:37:03 AM PST
Thanks, Voxdan! Here are my replies:

(1) After a certain period of time, this device goes into a sleep mode. When I get back in my car, I press the phone handset icon on the device and it makes the power on chime and announces "connected". If I turn off the device when leaving the car, I turn it on when I return and it automatically pairs up with my phone.

(2) I must confess, I haven't tried to pair multiple devices to this, but if/when I get the chance, I'll update this reply.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2010 12:20:36 PM PST
Thank you for your response. That helps.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 4:45:53 AM PST
mommalee says:
I am a novice at this, but you expertly showed how easy it works! My question is, does it take voice commands, such as "call home", and how do I use it with my portable sirius radio?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2011 5:55:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2011 12:37:38 PM PST
In my case, I have to press the phone handset icon for 2 seconds (shown in my video) and then it goes to the voice command menu.

My home phone # is in my address book so if I say "Call home" the device will say "Did you say, 'Home'?"

By answering "Yes", it dials the number for me.

Here's some information from the Jabra website:

"These features are dependent on the ability of your phone to support a hands-free profile. Even if the hands-free profile is implemented reject call, call hold and voice dialing are optional features which are not supported by all devices. Please consult your device manual for details."

I don't have Sirius radio so I can't help on that topic, but here's a link to Jabra's support page:

Hope this helped!

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 4:27:36 PM PST
Ski King says:
I have watched your video which is very well-done except that you never show how to make a call. I have had a Jabra Sp500 for 2 or 3 years and thought that the Cruiser 2 would be an upgrade. The sound quality is better, but I can't find any way to make a call. The instructions tell you how to receive a call, but nothing about how to make a call. With the SP500 you just tapped the call button and a voice came on and said, "Say a name or number" I would say something like "Nancy" or "Home" and the voice would say, "connecting". What good is a "hands-free" device if you have to pick up your phone and dial a number?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2011 5:32:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2011 5:33:10 AM PST
When making a call, I have to press the phone handset icon for 2 seconds (shown in my video) and then it goes to the voice command menu.

My LG Xenon phone then says "Say a command".

At this point, I speak to the device and say who I want to call, like "Call David".

The device then says "Did you say, David?"

When I answer "Yes", the call is connected.

Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2011 12:14:21 PM PST
Ski King says:
I tried that, but when I press the phone icon on the cruiser 2 and hold it for 2 seconds it goes to pairing mode. My Jabra SP500 works exactly as you described.

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 11:27:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2011 11:28:57 AM PST
Proud Grammy says:
Thank you so much for this review. Because of it, I am buying the product. You made it so easy to understand how to make it work, that I am not afraid to try a little advanced technology. I am entering the 21st Century, finally!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›