217 of 224 people found the following review helpful
pretty good sound for the size of the unit, but needs more bass!!!,
This review is from: Sony CFDS05 CD Radio Cassette Recorder Boombox Speaker System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
1. buttons (except cassette) are located right on the front in one place, and are clearly labeled and easy to use
2. sound can be turned up WAY WAY louder than I would probably use it with no distortion
3. CD player features these modes: program, shuffle, repeat disc, repeat track
4. plays both cd-R AND cd-RW (copies you made and professionally made ones)
5. very light weight
6. big handle for carrying
7. audio line in for iPod or other device is located right on the front
8. headphone jack
9. GOOD RELIABLE BRAND
10. cassette recorder and DIGITAL radio too, with memory presets for radio
1. SHORT power cord (about 5 feet long at the most) which cannot be replaced with my generic longer ones because of the shape of the opening for it
2. so-called "BASS BOOST" makes so little difference that you can't tell it's on except by looking at the display!!!! NEEDS EQUALIZER!!!
3. can't see through cassette door so have to open it to see how much tape you have left to play
4. doesn't play MP3 discs, but I don't have those anyway
5. NO REMOTE CONTROL when Sony's website says it has one
It does what I need it to do. The sound is not that great compared to my computer's or car stereo's sound, but it's ok for the size of the unit, and sounds way way way better than the cd clock radio that I WAS using as my cd player! I haven't used the radio or cassette yet and likely won't. I just got it to put by my bed, for playing my iPod through the audio in jack and playing cd's. For me, the cassette deck is just a bonus and nice to have if I need it sometime, since I already threw away or gave away most of my cassettes.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 4, 2011 7:46:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2011 7:47:51 PM PDT
One Butterfly says:
oh gosh, hope you won't think I'm one of those 'dumb blondes' but you stated it plays CD-R and CD-RW ones, even store bought ones I suppose, however you said it doesn't play mp3 discs, so in other words downloading songs from WinMX, I'll be outta luck?? thanks for any help you can give me as you can see I know not much about stuff like that...and don't wanna get burned in buying something that for me would be a 'bummer'.......Now after all that are you able to SMILE, hopefully???
Thank you so much....
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011 11:29:43 PM PDT
Tammy L. Black says:
I don't know anything about Winmix. I download mp3 songs from iTunes, Amazon, etc., and when I make cd's of them in iTunes, I check where it says to burn them as AUDIO cd's, NOT as mp3's. If you burn them as mp3's (compressed files), they won't play in this player.
Posted on Oct 26, 2011 7:41:11 PM PDT
Maine Character says:
For the "repeat disc," will it play a CD over and over all night?
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 11:20:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 1:33:24 PM PDT
I just bought this CD player yesterday and have been playing a CD on repeat for the last several hours (the CD is 50 min long and is now playing for the 4th time). I believe it will continue to repeat the disc until I turn it off, so yes, I believe it will play over and over all night long.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›